displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: Standard pedal feel
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Hi fellas, looking for some advice on pedal feel. My brakes were a bit soft due to not being able to bleed properly, i've now replaced all the lines and removed ABD and done a full proper bleed now I have working nipples.

When the engine is off, pedal feel is good and solid. No air coming out of the bleed nipples, everything seems to be bled properly.

When the engine's running though the pedal feels really soft. It doesn't sink or anything and I can stand on it without it moving.

My first thought is air but i've bled the system through and no more is coming out. The O/S rear caliper is sticking on though, could this cause spongeyness if it isn't retracting?

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 12th Aug 2011 at 20:22
davedgti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Hmm My pedal feel was crap for a while and did seem to get better once I had free'd up a sticky rear piston that would not wind in at all, I took the dust cover off, removed one pad and pumped the brake, this popped the piston out far enough to clean but not too far as to lose fluid, cleaned up said cruddy piston which wound in with no problems then and the pedal feel improved Smile

If its very spongy though must be air still in it.

Team Supercharged Gti-6 Ninja
Posted 12th Aug 2011 at 21:40
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Nice, will give that a shot. Won't move in so hopefully will pop out. The guy the sold the beam had issues with it that had been fixed so it might have seized again. It's tight enough that the wheel doesn't turn when tightening the bolts fully!

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 12th Aug 2011 at 21:39
davedgti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Might be worth bleeding again once all the pistons are fully wound in, could be some air behind the pistons Dunno ,

Team Supercharged Gti-6 Ninja
Posted 12th Aug 2011 at 21:44
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Thumbs up

Will free up the caliper and go from there

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 12th Aug 2011 at 21:45