displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: Autoleads patch lead not working properly
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
To get the remote control stalk to work with my new Blaupunkt head unit, I've just installed an Autoleads patch lead (PC99-X19 with PC99-BLA to suit Blaupunkt unit).

It all works perfectly...except that when I adjust the volume it adjusts it all right, but when I release the stalk on finding the desired volume setting the radio station goes to "search" and it finds another station. On USB, it is similar except it will go back the the beginning of the track on releasing the stalk.

I have removed the head unit from the car and am leaving it for an hour or so in the hope that it will reset itself. If this does not work I will go through the reset to factory settings procedure in the Blaupunkt manual.

Other than these steps, can anyone suggest anything?

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 11th Aug 2011 at 21:27
smegal

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
I reckon you need a new stalk.

Ex SC-6

Now in a Megane R26
Posted 11th Aug 2011 at 21:59
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Ah, because it is worn so the contacts are not connecting properly?

I think you could be right.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 11th Aug 2011 at 22:15
smegal

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Yeah. If you flick the stalk towards/away from you it changes the station (on my alpine with the same leads)

Just check that your stalk [and the new one] have the pins in the same place as the PC99-x19

Ex SC-6

Now in a Megane R26
Posted 11th Aug 2011 at 23:10
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Thanks, I will do. This exact loom is also sold by a Blaupunkt agent (bluespot.co.uk - didn't buy from them though as it would have been £32 instead of £21). It does nothing when flicked away, but changes station when flicked towards. It adjusts vol and changes station together when flicked up/down.

Have put it back and reset HU to factory settings, but still the same.

Blaupunkt loom only has 3 RC related wires on the ISO C2 part of the plug - SW Supply RC +12v pin 10, Remote Control pin 11 and RC GND pin 12.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 12th Aug 2011 at 01:55
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Bought a new stalk and it still did the same thing. Have now removed stalk and lead entirely from car.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 28th Oct 2012 at 00:43