displaying posts 1 to 2 of 2

Author Subject: help lowering
mike rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
hi guys i need some help/advice after travelling a 40miles round trip to lower the rear beam on a friends dturbo car.we had no joy. the arb is sezied solid and i could not with draw it away from the car. but i been told the previous owner had a go for almost an hr and got know were.i didnt try anything else incase it made it worse and became un drive able.

so what are my opions now ,in which i can remove the arm be.will i just have to hammer it and force it off and get another second hand arb? but i did notice one of the threads have been strip on one side of the arb.

do you guys reckon the torsion bar are going to be seized solid when i come to try and remove them,with the arb been soild?

or you recon another rebuild been maybe?

comments and advice taken on board.

i have had a look in the search button to.
Posted 23rd Jul 2011 at 17:45
jord294

Seasoned Pro

Post #2

can you get the car to me, as i have a fair bit of kit which should get the arb end cap off.

if your struggling with the arb end cap, chances are you'll have a nightmare with the torsion bars

FRESHLY RE-FURBISHED GTI BEAMS
FITTING AND LOWERING AVAILABLE.
ALL AXLES BUILT USING GENUINE PEUGEOT PARTS

IF I'M NOT HERE, IT ONLY MEANS ONE THING.... I'M SOMEWHERE ELSE!
Posted 23rd Jul 2011 at 17:49