displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: Full set up options
leebus

Senior User

Post #1
Right as I'm keeping the pug now, and I think as she is 11 the suspension needs a refresh and a little lower.

I am after some opinions and some advice so please comment away.Big grin

I have always wanted the pug to be a little lower so I am thinking of a 30mm drop.
The options for this are -
To replace the front springs with something like Eibach pro kit and a Bilstein B4 struts and rear shocks?

Or go with the Eibach springs again but go for new standard Peugeot struts and rear shocks?

Or do I try something along the lines of a P.I.Suspension set up? (I can imagine something like these ain't go great?)

Along with that on the front, I'm going to replace the P bushes, with Vibra-Technics or the Powerflex offerings?
Front wishbone bushes with Powerflex bushes and new ball joints (are these the 18mm ones on a phase 3?)
Sort the roll bar bushes and maybe drop links.

Lower the rear beam and replace the seals and bearings while I'm in there.
The rear shocks as per above, and new rear beam rubber mounts with the possibility of the Powerflex rear tensioning kit.

What do you guys think?

Any recommendations or advise?

I want a decent set up, something that can be driven allways. Hard and on a longer journey. That's why I kind of want to steer clear of any cheaper sets.

Cheers

Leebus

Phase 3 White6

Posted 22nd Jul 2011 at 21:45
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
I doubt the arb bushes are worn and they are a proper b*tch to replace with new ones

Billies all round for shocks

Posted 22nd Jul 2011 at 21:52
eliotrw

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Personally I'm doing this when I have the money
New wishbones
New top mounts bearings, struts etc.
Eibachs and Einstein b8 at front,
Phillipm strut brace
At the rear I have a hybrid arb,
Will have solid mounts and Einstein b6 shocks as well as 21mm torsion bars

Ex- Phase 3 China GTi-6 T-Reg
Posted 22nd Jul 2011 at 22:17
leebus

Senior User

Post #4
bigbadbowen wrote:
I doubt the arb bushes are worn and they are a proper b*tch to replace with new ones

Unless they are shot they shall stay in then!

Phase 3 White6

Posted 22nd Jul 2011 at 22:24
leebus

Senior User

Post #5

Phase 3 White6

Posted 25th Jul 2011 at 03:22
footah212

Senior User

Post #6
leebus wrote:
Right as I'm keeping the pug now, and I think as she is 11 the suspension needs a refresh and a little lower.

I am after some opinions and some advice so please comment away.Big grin

I have always wanted the pug to be a little lower so I am thinking of a 30mm drop.
The options for this are -
To replace the front springs with something like Eibach pro kit and a Bilstein B4 struts and rear shocks?

Or go with the Eibach springs again but go for new standard Peugeot struts and rear shocks?

Or do I try something along the lines of a P.I.Suspension set up? (I can imagine something like these ain't go great?)

Along with that on the front, I'm going to replace the P bushes, with Vibra-Technics or the Powerflex offerings?
Front wishbone bushes with Powerflex bushes and new ball joints (are these the 18mm ones on a phase 3?)
Sort the roll bar bushes and maybe drop links.

Lower the rear beam and replace the seals and bearings while I'm in there.
The rear shocks as per above, and new rear beam rubber mounts with the possibility of the Powerflex rear tensioning kit.

What do you guys think?

Any recommendations or advise?

I want a decent set up, something that can be driven allways. Hard and on a longer journey. That's why I kind of want to steer clear of any cheaper sets.

Cheers

Leebus

How goes mate!!

I too am going for a suspension refresh too.

Some comments i've picked up from other members:-

B4's are basically the same as OEM dampers so if you looking for an upgrade you best go for b6 or B8's . B8's are designed for about 20 to 30mm lowering and go well with the eeibacxh springs. Prices are very similar so i think i'm going for B8's with eibachs.

I have replaced the 4 no. rear beam mounts with Lemforder items, never been too sure about solids TBH. Apparently b6/b8 dampers on the rear are the same part no. and are the same price so no difference. I am going to get a set too.

AdamB has recommended a hybrid rear arb though and after reading up on it it seems to be a good investment.

I have replaced the front arb bushes and p bushes with Lemforder too. As far as drop links go, imho theres no point replacing them unless they are f**ked. I know of no increase in performace from a drop link ( please correct me if i'm wrong).

I think there may be better sets out there it just depends how hardcore you want too go and how manyŁ you have to spend.

Apologies in advance if any of what i have said is p*sh i am only sharing what i am going for.

Phase 2 Blaze GTi6

PS3 - Black Ops 2

Engine crane for hire Renfrewshire
Posted 27th Jul 2011 at 03:35
miles

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
Factor in a beam refresh too, Allot now are worn so this alone will make a difference, Preventive maintenance on these is better than when there shot, this also allows fitment of a larger rear ARB which is allot better than the hybrid in my opinion.

Rear Dampers, the Group N bilsteins again are much better than the B8's
m they perform better when abused so keep more consistent

306 Rallye Sptint/Race Car, 205 CTI 1.9 8v to name a few

Road, Track and Race/Rally car preparation to your personal requirements,
Full Workshop & Diagnostic Facilities
New and Second parts, from Plugs to Turbo's
We now also carry out Routine Servicing
www.pugracing.com

& FB Page, https://www.facebook.com/PugRacing

Ebay; http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Pug-Racing-Shop

2012/2013/2014/2019 Class Winners at Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb & Joint overall, Class record too along the way,
Posted 27th Jul 2011 at 04:13