displaying posts 1 to 2 of 2

Author Subject: stepper mistake
grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #1
well i thought the stepper motor was on the way out recently for a few weeks now she has been a bit lumpy on idle and stalling when cold.
But the other day I took off the little breather filter next too it and it was amazing i had no idea it sucked air in there at such a rate it took a deep breath and settled nicely! i tried to blow through the filter and it was well blocked. so gave it good scrub and popped it in a pan to simmer it for ten minutes! cleaned it up nicely! no more stalling! and much better idle! the filter hasn't been cleaned for about 4 years no wonder she was gasping! still; couldn't get a cheaper fix. Whistle

Formally team BLAZE now Team bianca recuperating from multiple organ failure nicely!
items replaced so far, clutch, cambelt etc, radiator, exhaust, most of front running gear, wish bones, drop links, ball joints, track rod ends, bearings, brakes, calipers, discs, and pads, brake lines, front springs, brake balance compensator thingy, hand brake cable, throttle cable (twice), coil pack, door handle, windscreen, wipers, head lamps several sensors and bulbs Dry .rear beam new throttle cable, new battery. .......... yeah man, team money pit! but shes still rollin!

Posted 19th Jul 2011 at 00:16
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Is it still sucking in nice an deep?

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
Moonstone phase 7 gti6
My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
Posted 7th Sep 2014 at 09:44