displaying posts 51 to 63 of 63

Pages (3): 1 2 [3]

Author Subject: Petrol Prices
musclebeach

Seasoned Pro

Post #51
What's Petrol? I

VW Golf GT TDI 115, 100k nooooooooooooooooooooo!

Posted 29th Sep 2011 at 21:30
musclebeach

Seasoned Pro

Post #52
What's Petrol? I'm converted on diesel i think.....

At least until i can afford to run a fast petrol Laugh

VW Golf GT TDI 115, 100k nooooooooooooooooooooo!

Posted 29th Sep 2011 at 21:33
306crazy

Regular

Post #53
musclebeach wrote:
What's Petrol? I'm converted on diesel i think.....

At least until i can afford to run a fast petrol Laugh

Diesels now days mate Superman
Posted 29th Sep 2011 at 22:59
sparkie1984

Seasoned Pro

Post #54
gtisid wrote:
i have noticed the 5-7 p a litre that came off 3 weeks ago is going back on daily at the moment . every day it goes up 1 p. back up to 136.9 a litre round here. did see a garage in greater london today with diesel at 149. so it is all going back on , whilst the government is distracted with all this hacking nonsense. Bp seem to be the biggest culprits for high prices as i had to stop filling up there about 12 months ago as they just take the p*ss. i have a esso fuel card at the moment and if you have a supermarket near by they seem to price match, so half decent fuel for supermarket prices. 145 by the end of the summer nationally i think for unleaded.
when i was in germany a couple of weeks back , they were paying 149 euros a litre so i think we are quite low compared to them.

sold the scoob a month back , now got a mini diesel , looking like the best move i have made in a long while as i have only filled it up twice since i got it at £45 a tank.
never thought my life would get to watching petrol prices!!

here here,

best thing we did was change the 6 for a little 1.4 TDCI fiesta, great MPG and £30 a year tax too!

built on: 15 January 1999 - that's a Friday afternoon car..eek!!! ;o).........sadly missed
Posted 2nd Oct 2011 at 11:20
cappy01

Regular

Post #55
just talking about supermarket fuel i remember a couple of years ago our local morrisons had sand in the fuel because 1 of the tanks cracked an knackered a lot of cars. it was shut for about 2 weeks
Posted 2nd Oct 2011 at 11:31
grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #56
I have recently discovered that if you make a huge fuss about something at the pumps at sainsburys and stay firm but polite the staff have the ability to suddenly give you 12p off a litre! i was a bit peeved after waiting ages the other day and told them how ridiculous it was to have one member of staff on the till when they have 18 pumps to serve! she gave me a huge discount ....result 12p off every litre! i will be finding things to kick off about quite frequently and will be visiting random sainsburys to kick off in!

Formally team BLAZE now Team bianca recuperating from multiple organ failure nicely!
items replaced so far, clutch, cambelt etc, radiator, exhaust, most of front running gear, wish bones, drop links, ball joints, track rod ends, bearings, brakes, calipers, discs, and pads, brake lines, front springs, brake balance compensator thingy, hand brake cable, throttle cable (twice), coil pack, door handle, windscreen, wipers, head lamps several sensors and bulbs Dry .rear beam new throttle cable, new battery. .......... yeah man, team money pit! but shes still rollin!

Posted 2nd Oct 2011 at 13:20
shutie

Senior User

Post #57
justinaccurate wrote:
Just came back from a weekend's break in Minehead (Butlins for the kids 4tmfw) and very surprised to see the difference in prices

Ignoring motorway services pricing, you carrot crunchers are paying about 6p more a litre than us midlanders.

It was 129.9 here last week, tesco just put their price up 1p as they are offering 5p off vouchers (thanks a bunch!), most garages I saw were 136.9

So come on, who's got the worst prices? Londoners?

£1.50 for petrol £1.52 for diesel in shetland Thumbs up
Posted 2nd Oct 2011 at 14:14
306crazy

Regular

Post #58
Diesels ftmfw ! Getting one ASAP just need 2 save up abit more
Posted 2nd Oct 2011 at 18:29
gtisid

Seasoned Pro

Post #59
small diesels are almost making a premium at the moment as everyone trys to off load a gas guzzler. i was sort of put out initialy when i sold my scoob and saw the guy who bought it put 3k on the price , do nothing to it and put it up for sale......5 months later i think i am glad i got out when i did and his price has dropped 2.5k and now there are 12 cheaper ones for sale on ebay, and all the bits i took off it make the difference between a good scoob and just another scoob for sale for too much money.
it is sad to see these supercars going for pittence, but the middle/ lower classes are being forced out of their bm's and into these flid cars as we are the biggest users of petrol/oil which the good ol governement would have you believe is just a blip on the ricotor scale of what oil is used forThumbs down

pugless
Phase 1 GTI 6 1996-1997
Subaru Impreza GB270 2007-2008
rare spiderman comics
same day international courier
Posted 2nd Oct 2011 at 19:10
jim01uk

Seasoned Pro

Post #60
sparkie1984 wrote:
gtisid wrote:
i have noticed the 5-7 p a litre that came off 3 weeks ago is going back on daily at the moment . every day it goes up 1 p. back up to 136.9 a litre round here. did see a garage in greater london today with diesel at 149. so it is all going back on , whilst the government is distracted with all this hacking nonsense. Bp seem to be the biggest culprits for high prices as i had to stop filling up there about 12 months ago as they just take the p*ss. i have a esso fuel card at the moment and if you have a supermarket near by they seem to price match, so half decent fuel for supermarket prices. 145 by the end of the summer nationally i think for unleaded.
when i was in germany a couple of weeks back , they were paying 149 euros a litre so i think we are quite low compared to them.

sold the scoob a month back , now got a mini diesel , looking like the best move i have made in a long while as i have only filled it up twice since i got it at £45 a tank.
never thought my life would get to watching petrol prices!!

here here,

best thing we did was change the 6 for a little 1.4 TDCI fiesta, great MPG and £30 a year tax too!

f*ck that, best thing I ever did was buy a bike to go to work on. Does 0-60 in 3.5, 140mph and 50mpg when plodding along. I can get home from work in 16 minutes instead of 25 in the car. Big grin
Posted 2nd Oct 2011 at 21:43
306crazy

Regular

Post #61
125cc mo ped funnest cheapest way of getting around Big grin
Posted 2nd Oct 2011 at 21:53
pebbles167

Seasoned Pro

Post #62
306crazy wrote:
125cc mo ped funnest cheapest way of getting around Big grin

Except when you get out of town, try to use the throttle and very little happens, not especially fun then. 1.1 106 or a 306 hdi. Hard to beat either for cheap and effective motoring Thumbs up

2005 Peugeot 206 GTI 180

2008 BMW K1200R
Posted 3rd Oct 2011 at 00:45
misschief

Seasoned Pro

Post #63
130.7 at the local Asda here which is fine by me.
Posted 3rd Oct 2011 at 23:55

Pages (3): 1 2 [3]