displaying posts 1 to 1 of 1

Author Subject: Michelin PE2 Vs Continental Premium Contact 2
berger

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
I needed a new front tyre after getting a bulge from a pot hole on one of my front tyres Now new Michelin tyre prices made my eyes water, so I was looking for an alternative to replace them with.

I got a pair of Continental Premium Contact 2s fitted for 20% less than a pair of new Michelins would have cost me, plus I kept my part worn PE2 as a spare.

I have done ~250 miles on the Contis now so should be worn in.

Compared to the Michelins they feel much the same really, and were excellent in the heavy rain we have had recently.

The Continentals don't have as much of a tyre rim protection as the Michelins, so could be an issue if you have small profile tyres/parking trouble.

Comparing the two going off the sidewall of the tyre.

Michelin Pilot Exalto 2 ------------- Wear Rate 240 Traction A Temperature A
Continental Premium Contact 2 ---- Wear Rate 280 Traction AA Temperature A
Toyo GG R888 -------------------- Wear Rate 100 Traction AA Temperature A

Time will tell if they wear better than the Michelins that they have replaced (as the side of the tyre would indicate), but for 20% less than Michelins would have cost I am happy.

Bang'in 7 gram rocks!
I have one gear, GO!
Posted 11th Jul 2011 at 03:08