displaying posts 1 to 9 of 9

Author Subject: Brembo or Pagid?
ash j

Regular

Post #1
I have been quoted £111.60 for front and rear discs and pads, made by Pagid, from Euro Car Parts.

I can also get front and rear discs and pads, but Brembo instead, for about £148.00 from a company online.

Just wondering about peoples thoughts on either of the above, are Pagid range from ECC adequate, or would people rate the Brembo's as being much better?

Might give GSF a call today as I believe they stock Brembo's? But can't imagine they can beat £148.00 all in for both front and rear discs and pads to be honest.

Ash
Posted 8th Jul 2011 at 16:39
mr swampy s16

**BAD SELLER**

Post #2
Never had a problem my self withpagid
Posted 8th Jul 2011 at 17:03
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
GSF do indeed stock Brembo discs and whatever pads they happen to have. Tbh for that kind of money you're not going to notice any difference between the two, go for either.

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 8th Jul 2011 at 17:11
aaron6

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
I got pagid and don't like them. They seem to overheat a lot easier in comparison to the brembo (which iv always used before) and wish i still had.

See the sheer power and might of the lesser known burrowing owl.

Posted 8th Jul 2011 at 18:19
ian7675

Techno Viking

Post #5
I had pagid before, good brakes. Unless you're going on a track I can't see how there would be any difference at all.
They supply BMW amongst others but they would charge you about £600 for exactly the same ones you would get from ECP for £130.

Less than 24 hours to go!
Posted 8th Jul 2011 at 18:31
marksorrento205

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
I have pagid discs on the rear ( which I know does not mean a lot ) but with some ferodo cheap pads from halfords on the good old trade card, feel like they work a lot better than the old shit I had on there. A lot of the clio lads rave about the brembo HC discs mind you Smile

How to do a clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 8th Jul 2011 at 23:55
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
Tbh the rear discs are just like big washers, I don't see how there can possibly be any difference between manufacturers, same goes for rear pads.

Remove ABS, put in a bias valve and the rears will easily lock up, so they're not the limiting factor.

I'd maybe go for a better brand at the front, but I'd expect something like Brembo are going to be better in that they won't crack or warp as easily rather than you'd notice an actual difference.

Pads are a different story of course, at the front.

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 9th Jul 2011 at 00:22
7057sam

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
Ash where can you get brembo for 148 online,need some this week

Rallye build: 11 November 1998 - a Wednesday
Team rallye,built for track
----Click this if you like rallyes

Rallye dead Sad
Secret Team Astor...
Posted 8th Aug 2011 at 17:55
pete26

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
aaron6 wrote:
I got pagid and don't like them. They seem to overheat a lot easier in comparison to the brembo (which iv always used before) and wish i still had.

+1 ive got pagid discs and pads on the fronts for a trial just to see what they were like. As already said Bm's use these as standard on there cars. Well im not very impressed to be honest. Brake fade is quite bad. As i myself has had brembo discs and ferodo pads since ive owning my 6.

Ph2 Black GTI6
Ph3 China GTI6
206 xsi manstone daily runner (GAY)
Ph1 Cherry Red GTI6
307 HDi 110

Posted 8th Aug 2011 at 18:29