displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: Powerflex Rear Beam Tension Kit
ash j

Regular

Post #1
Hi guys,

Just wondered if anybody on here has fitted the Powerflex rear beam tension kit to their 306, and if so is there any noticeable difference?

Am about to buy a set of solid mounts to fit once I refurbish my beam, and thought I could also do the Powerflex kit at the same time, if anybody has any experience with one fitted.

Cheers,

Ash
Posted 4th Jul 2011 at 20:48
Rich E Forum Admin

Post #2
The tensioning kit consists of 4 wedges that fit into the gaps in the standard rear mounts on the rear beam and reduce the prevalence of the passive rear steer. They are incompatible with solid mounts due to the removal of the rubber bush. (Solid mounts completely remove the passive rear steering.)

I've used this kit and I like the feel, it's about half way between standard mounts and uprated rubber ones, with none of the extra vibration and road noise you get from uprated ones.

Rich
Posted 4th Jul 2011 at 20:59
darkgti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Powerflex tension kit AND solid mounts at the same time? That's impossible silly billy!

Just stick to solid mounts - you will get four so no need for a tension kit. I have a tension kit. They make a teeny weeny bit of difference but on the whole they are gay as fook and I'm looking into getting some solid mounts soonish hopefully.

Team Peugeot Sport 308 Gti

Black T'99 Gti - may she rest in peace - written off in a shunt on the A329m
Posted 4th Jul 2011 at 21:02
darkgti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
In fact I reckon the best thing to do for anyone who wants to try a tensioning kit is save your money and buy a box of tampons and shove some of them in the rear bush. Will do exactly the same thing for a fraction of the money, won't pop out and be just as gayLOL

Team Peugeot Sport 308 Gti

Black T'99 Gti - may she rest in peace - written off in a shunt on the A329m
Posted 4th Jul 2011 at 21:19
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #5
or just fill the void with PU sealant Smile

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 4th Jul 2011 at 21:21
ash j

Regular

Post #6
Haha what an idiot! That was partly the reason why I asked, as I wasn't entirely sure if they would be needed, or in this case possible to use with solid beam mounts.

Never mind! Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers
Posted 4th Jul 2011 at 21:22