displaying posts 1 to 9 of 9

Author Subject: still need help
savingapug

Post #1
ok guys so maybe my first post made no sense but i could do with help from someone who has done an engine swap from the 1.6i xs s. i have lost my way with the last part of the re fit i took pics of the engine before i lifted it out but all the dam pipe work looks the same and after shelling out just over £1100 on the full rebuild i dont want to c**k it up at this stage please if you can offer help and advice help me thanks in advance to anyone who offers any help or advice
Posted 4th Jul 2011 at 20:23
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
To be honest this is probably not the best place to ask, I'm not aware of anyone on here who has a 1.6.

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 4th Jul 2011 at 20:53
savingapug

Post #3
lol ok any suggestion on where to ask and thank you for actually answering me
Posted 4th Jul 2011 at 21:12
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Probably pug306.net, they cover all the other models of 306 which aren't either a '6 or a Rallye Yes

Posted 4th Jul 2011 at 21:14
savingapug

Post #5
lol i chose this site purely because with you all having the 6 or rallye i thought you would all be more technically minded and also i was hoping to find a 6 for sale on the cheap on here lol but again thanks for actually replying i was starting to wander lol
Posted 4th Jul 2011 at 21:18
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Ah, now if you wanted a '6 I'm sure someone could help you out there Wink

There are some pretty technical people on here (myself alas not included) but if I understand correctly what you really need is someone who knows the engine backwards who can just say "big pipe goes there, that wire goes there". That'll be different on every model, so you're probably best off asking someone with experience rather than skill Yes

Posted 4th Jul 2011 at 21:20
savingapug

Post #7
wouldnt know anywhere else would you it seems their server has decided im behind a proxy server to which i am not and will not allow registration thus not allowing me access to the dam forum grrrr should of gone with the tipex and numbering my pipe work
Posted 4th Jul 2011 at 21:21
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
Just Google "306 forum", there are a few that should be able to help if no-one replies on here.

Posted 4th Jul 2011 at 21:25
savingapug

Post #9
lol yeah i found a 6 on ebay lovely looking motor apparently had over 25k in mods on it and they guy was only asking for 2500 which stuck me as odd i dont wanna get one and do what iv done on this one recon engine gearbox full brand new springs struts ball joints track rods and ends wishbones wiring loom interior 4 new tyres full exhaust from exhaust manifold back and now im reworking a body kit i got that was smashed to bits iv fully rebuilt it but now discovering its warped and wont fit on that dam thing lol so yeah shes been a bit of a bi*ch but iv enjoyed it but the 1.6 just doesnt offer me enough anymore lol also new braking system as the servo was knackard iv fitted new calipers discs pads shoes drums rear slave cylinders. my pockets are starting to get a little on the empty side. before all of this the old engine was using just under 30 quids worth of petrol a day love the car but its taken the p**s a bit
Posted 4th Jul 2011 at 21:27