displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: 306 1.6 PHASE 1 FULL REBUILD NEED HELP
savingapug

Post #1
Hi all ok so i have a 1.6i xs s 1996 and boy has she needed some work after spending the last few months doing the full new suspension electrics re con engine and gearbox took the engine out fitted new everything myself in my back garden i finally fitted the engine back in the car looks great but.... iv'e reconnected all the electronics up but i cant remember which bit of pipe work goes where me and haynes manual have sat down all day and im still stuck. can anyone help or point me to which fuel line goes where same with air intake iv done heater matrix. if anyone understands what im asking could you please help i cant get her running again . added a pic of the recon engine after i had painted it blue i thought it looked ok and i made my own little heat shield too

savingapug has attached the following image:

Posted 4th Jul 2011 at 05:50
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
need some pics of so called pipework really.
i was there thinking youd done an awsome job of painting it until i noticed you had sprayed the water hose blue, that was the stage where you should of put the paint down and backed off.LOL

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
Moonstone phase 7 gti6
My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
Posted 5th Jul 2011 at 01:55
savingapug

Post #3
lol i used it to test how it looked now got rid of it and have the silicone set coming
Posted 5th Jul 2011 at 18:35
savingapug

Post #4
ok ill take pics of everything in a mo and try and add them its basically knowing where the pipes off the stepper motor go the right pipes for the inlet manifold air box and the fuel pressure regulator and the lines that run from the left of my engine bay i know they go there somewhere i just don't want to connect any of the fuel lines the wrong way round and be a dumb a** and try connecting water to air or something i was doing great seeing as this is my first ever engine swap and full rebuild to say i have done it all without help but got this far and hit a brick wall. as i said iv got a silicone blue set on its way but i want to test fire her up and make sure everything is
right
Posted 5th Jul 2011 at 18:42
pugjim

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
little tip for the future, if your rebuilding an engine you are not familiar with use sticky labels Wink
Posted 5th Jul 2011 at 23:41