displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: BE3 5 speed woes...
devere

Senior User

Post #1
Is anyone on here runnning the BE3 5 speeder on there 6 at all? I am running one, with full Quaife gear set and a Kaaz diff.

The gears and everything are great, no problems there, but the bloody box just eat selector forks and synchros are quite a regular issue too.

Its used in a rally car, so yes, gets used hard, but im not a complete tool with the gearstick. I try and be as easy on the box as is possible.

So has anyone else had these problems at all? Its out now for yet another rebuild, and im seriously tempted just to get rid.
Posted 3rd Jul 2011 at 01:21
rallyeash

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
ive got a be3 5 on my 205 gti6, got a quiafe diff and just got home from a trackday today and no issues here (touch wood)

230 hp 2.1 16v XU 205 rallye on jenveysHyper Project thread here
309 3dr K20 Type R
Posted 3rd Jul 2011 at 01:22
miles

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Have you got the right arm and bearings? these are different and you need the matched set for it to work

306 Rallye Sptint/Race Car, 205 CTI 1.9 8v to name a few

Road, Track and Race/Rally car preparation to your personal requirements,
Full Workshop & Diagnostic Facilities
New and Second parts, from Plugs to Turbo's
We now also carry out Routine Servicing
www.pugracing.com

& FB Page, https://www.facebook.com/PugRacing

Ebay; http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Pug-Racing-Shop

2012/2013/2014/2019 Class Winners at Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb & Joint overall, Class record too along the way,
Posted 3rd Jul 2011 at 04:19
devere

Senior User

Post #4
miles wrote:
Have you got the right arm and bearings? these are different and you need the matched set for it to work

Well the box has been on the car for a couple of years now. And goes through a rebuild and is fine, then it just starts getting worn up! Which parts are the specific ones that are needed for it to work then?

The box has had a new casing last year too, and is now about to get yet another new casing! Although this time its down to the starter breaking and the bit that fell off being flung through the casing by the flywheel!

So any other pointers for what i should look to make sure is right when i get it this time would be appreciated!
Posted 3rd Jul 2011 at 22:04
speedo306

Regular

Post #5
ive got a be3 5 on my 306 gti6, work's like a boss no porblem here Thumbs up

RJ
Posted 2nd Oct 2011 at 23:51