displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Clutch cable nightmare???
jimbamboon

Senior User

Post #1
Just changed my clutch cable and having been put off by some of the feedback on here, I can honestly say it was one of the easiest jobs ive done on the car, one cut 40 mins, White clip went through the hole like a rat up a drainpipe! Guess the moral is take things you read on here with a pinch of salt. The FAQ was great though and definitely helped!

"We never have any near misses, we hit them every time!"

clicky code for my benefit

[ url= http://www.website.com]My link[/url ]
Posted 2nd Jul 2011 at 20:35
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #2
it's not the white clip in the hole rather the black grommet in through the aircon pipes and popped into place correctly

do you still have your aircon pipes in place back there and are you sure you've attached the white clip to the top of the peddle correctly?

Proud Member of the ASTOR Owners Club
Posted 2nd Jul 2011 at 20:49
danposs86

Regular

Post #3
Have you got a link to that FAQ guide?

danposs86's GTi-6
Posted 2nd Jul 2011 at 22:29
jimbamboon

Senior User

Post #4
yeh, moved the aircons pipes as per the FAQ. When taking it out i found it easier to pull the grommit to the left slightly out of the way of the pipes. When putting the new one in i greased the outside of the grommit and it slid right passed the pipes, made sure it was seated correctly when it went back together and it all seems to have adjusted nicely now, did it on my own too Smug

FAQ for newb LOL

"We never have any near misses, we hit them every time!"

clicky code for my benefit

[ url= http://www.website.com]My link[/url ]
Posted 2nd Jul 2011 at 23:54