displaying posts 276 to 285 of 285

Pages (12): first .. 10 11 [12]

Author Subject: Marco's 3rd 6 but 1st project
eliotrw

Seasoned Pro

Post #276
Some how i missed that!!! How are you finding them? I fitted my 16s today so im good to go with fitting mine soonish.
What pads did you get?
Bit worried they didnt fit your wheels though.

Ex- Phase 3 China GTi-6 T-Reg
Posted 8th Feb 2014 at 21:58
marco gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #277
They only fit with 5mm spacers :/ Only found that out when i had swaped them over and put the wheels on.
The brakes are great, pad wise they are OEM Volvo s60 pads from trw and are OK... However 2 weeks before i stored the car up for the winter the brakes started to squeeeel like crazy so i'll be checking them out and maybe replacing them with some ds performance or Brembo sport pads.

Do you have yours already?? What about the inserts you always talked about?
Posted 9th Feb 2014 at 16:35
marco gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #278
Soooo here i go again, first of all f**k FIREFOX! After writing a f**king essay for the last half hour the god damn thing just f**king froze and crashed so f**k them.

Long overdue update on my project thread, it's been a while since i posted here but hey better late than never right.

So what has the car been up to? After the initial issues with coils, injectors throttle cable i was on the brink of torching the f**king thing or just push it down a cliff. Thankfully i did not... after rectifying the before mentioned issues i took the car to a dyno where it produced a 240ish bhp. I'll see if i can find the graph in case anyone is interested. On the way back from the dyno run one pf the PAS pipes decided to tear in front of my apartment, which was a f**king mess. So that got fixed to.

After that it went to the German TüV inspection, A few 100€ later and a change of brake pads to a set of Pagid RS19, the damn thing was breaking well but tearing eardrums appart by squealing. However it passed the test and with all the certificates it also passed it's MOT here in Luxembourg. Since then i changed the pads yet again to a set of Evo 9 Stoptech fast road pads which don't squeal that much.... although.....

Now to the threads i read the last year or two about how charged 6's just don't get used or sold right after being charged.
Let's face it, we put silly money in old f**king FRENCH tin cans and expect them to run faultlessly, but at the end of the day s**t happens and almost 20 year old french electrics will go tits up. This can be f**king disgusting and i understand when some loose all interest in their car and just want to get rid of them or smash the s**t out of it. Think about it... the money some of us put in their 6 or Rallye will get you a lot more of other performance from other cars.
I almost lost interest in mine but i just left it in the garage and almost forgot it this last year.

But hey, we live for the 306 don't we? And it can't be beaten in the twisties right? And with the rear seats folded down it will outsprint an E46 M3 all day every day won't it?

So 2 weeks back i got the old girl out of the garage taxed and insured it and set about rectifying the "last" niggles. Basically we changed the clutch cable and put a whole new throttle cable. I always found my car to behave/drive better on some days than others, turns out it was all the fault of my throttle cable. It's position was far lower than my brake pedal and when flooring it the throttle body would merely open 2/3. I had the cable changed by one mate of mine who is a certified mechanic, but hey nobody's perfect and s**t happens.

After changing both cables, and getting a new battery, f**king thing died even though i had it disconnected, I went for a test drive... what a drive it was... I ended up driving 112 km along some of our beautiful B roads and i immediately fell in love again with this f**king old French tin can.
Since then i also got the low boost EPROM chip t a mate of mine to get the rev limiter down from 7900 rpm to 7150 rpm. I then checked all my fluids and decided to finally put the damn thing to the ultimate test on Thursday Devil

The old girl behaved well and took 2 laps as it was supposed to without missing a beat. I was very happy and proud to say the least.
There are still so many things i want to do as roll cage it, get proper track wheels with tyres, respray it, get an enclosed carbon airbox etc etc but in between starting to build a house next month and preparing for a child that is due in December funds for the 6 are very very limited.

Cheers
Posted 30th May 2015 at 12:11
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #279
Nice update marco Thumbs up

I'll be at the ring again this year if you fancy joining us again? Should be early September when we're over Smile

Goldie the track car.
Posted 30th May 2015 at 12:51
marco gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #280
Hey Steven, let me know once you have the exact dates Thumbs up
Have you ordered a Satchshift? I'll definately have to check that out on your Goldie

Cheers
Posted 30th May 2015 at 13:32
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #281
Yeah I've ordered one, just waiting for it to be delivered Smile

Goldie the track car.
Posted 30th May 2015 at 14:32
99rallye

Regular

Post #282
Great thread....just read the whole thing. What frames and runners did you use for your seats?
Posted 2nd Jun 2015 at 18:38
marco gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #283
99rallye wrote:
Great thread....just read the whole thing. What frames and runners did you use for your seats?

They are original Recaro ones. Apparently they no lingerie male then for the 306 thou Dunno
Posted 3rd Jun 2015 at 17:46
RetroPug

Seasoned Pro

Post #284
marco gti6 wrote:
99rallye wrote:

They are original Recaro ones. Apparently they no lingerie male then for the 306 thou Dunno

Are there any lingerie females for the 306?

61k miles Ph.1 Diablo '6 Project Thread
Posted 3rd Jun 2015 at 17:50
marco gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #285
RetroPug wrote:
marco gti6 wrote:
99rallye wrote:

Are there any lingerie females for the 306?

LOL Bloody French auto correct on my HTC phone LOL
Posted 3rd Jun 2015 at 19:31

Pages (12): first .. 10 11 [12]