displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: is my lambda f*****

Junior User

Post #1
hi, i pulled my head of my 306 yesterday to replace all the valve seals because they were leaking oil into the combustion chamber, i put a new head gasket on, new valve seals new intake gaskets and exhaust manifold gaskets on. i still have a rough idle like i had before and revs dropping low when i come to a stop, will all that oil that was burning will that have buggered the lambda sensor up? should i replace it?

thanks in advance for any help
Posted 27th Jun 2011 at 03:48

Junior User

Post #2
Posted 27th Jun 2011 at 03:49
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Lambda's more likely to cause hesitation when accelerating at partial throttle, id say either ICV or MAP sensor would be the culprit

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 27th Jun 2011 at 03:54

Junior User

Post #4
hi, i got a brand new idle valve and cleaned the sensor you mention and all vacuum hoses and pcv valve while i had it all apart, i had the intake manifold smoked out by a garage not to long ago and found no leaks, i been having a problem before i changed the seals when i was on a dual carrage way i was doing about 75 maybe 80mph and it started really holding back on me and then the power just came back, thought it was fuel pump but the fuel pressure is good,

thanks for replying
Posted 27th Jun 2011 at 03:59