displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: Cat fitting kit
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Anyone know why I seem to have two different length bolts holding my cat on? Was a genuine cat fitting kit from Peugeot, never thought anything of it when I first fitted the decat but having come to fit the cat it doesn't sit up tight, one of the nuts has reached the end of the thread, the bolt's about 10mm too long Dunno

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 25th Jun 2011 at 05:31
smegal

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
The genuine kits come with a few different bolts. I guess different combinations of manifold and cat had thicker and thinner flanges.

Ex SC-6

Now in a Megane R26
Posted 25th Jun 2011 at 18:28
Rich E Forum Admin

Post #3
It's used on several different models so there's three different pairs of bolts in the kit.

The middle of the three lengths is the correct one for the 306.

Rich
Posted 25th Jun 2011 at 18:28
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
crap, looks like i need a new kit then. Could swear i used the right ones..

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 26th Jun 2011 at 03:04
footah212

Senior User

Post #5
I bought a kit from ECP which had the proper bolts but need about 2 washers each side to make them fit. As you know its a well fiddly job and trying to get the washers on without it out all the bits falling off and hitting me in the eye proved to be difficult.

I ended up using a normal bolt which had a tread all the way to the head. It worked perfectly, just need to be careful you don't overtighten. There should still be some space for the springs to flex.

Don't think different bolt lengths will matter so long as there is some movement in the spring.

Hope this helps

Phase 2 Blaze GTi6

PS3 - Black Ops 2

Engine crane for hire Renfrewshire
Posted 28th Jun 2011 at 03:16