displaying posts 1 to 15 of 15

Author Subject: alittle help v6 project
griffin67

Junior User

Post #1
i have a 306 gti 6, and i want to convert it to a v6, before i do that i want to do the handing side i have been looking for the best because i wanna make it the best i can found this:
http://www.kamracing.co.uk/peugeot/peugeot-306/suspension/coilover-kits/peugeot-306-fk-konigsport-coilovers.html
i am going to get the brakes of the 406 v6 calipers and use the brembo pads and discs, which i feel would give me alot better stopping power, just wanna make it it handle as well as i can possibly make it
thanks
Posted 19th Jun 2011 at 20:37
griffin67

Junior User

Post #2
ok one more thing im not a boy racer, i love these car and a friend of mine had a v6 put in and it sounded amazing, the 306 it self i think is a very good looking car so i desided on it for a nice project, it not goin to be a track car its going to be a taste full road car, no over the top body kits because i don't think the car needs to change its looks, any advise would be good as im new to all of this, i had read quite alot of the forums but there was no advise on what to do with the handing side so would make a huge difference if anyone could help
thanks
Posted 19th Jun 2011 at 23:51
ellis

Post #3
hi bud, why exactly are you wanting to fit a v6 into it, seems alot of work for little gains as i wouldnt say its going to be any quicker. With the extra weight of the engine and the extra money you are going to spend makeing it handle ok are you not better off just tuneing the gti6 engine? If its just that you want something differant then fair enough, get some good coilovers, uprated engine mounts etc to stop the engine shifting about so much good anti roll bar and bushes and im sure it will be better. Still going to be a heavy lump tho.
Posted 20th Jun 2011 at 01:38
matty_rallye

Senior User

Post #4
Its not a huge amount heavier than the 6 lump. Produces around 200 bhp and 200 lb ft of torque as standard, apparently they go quite well!

2.1 16v 306 Rallye.
Posted 20th Jun 2011 at 01:45
griffin67

Junior User

Post #5
the engine im going to put in is the ES9 J4S, 1999–2003 v6 406, with is 210 PS (150 kW; 210 hp) / 6.000 of power and 285 N·m (210 lb·ft) / 3.750 of torque with is a nice amount of power to start of with, i have looked up how much each one ways and there is hardly any difference with the v6 just a little heaver, there is a couple of these v6 that i am looking at to buy as a donor car that way i will have everything i need including nice big breaks
Posted 20th Jun 2011 at 01:59
ellis

Post #6
shows how much i know about the v6 lump, i will shut up then Wink
buying a full car cheap sounds like ya best bet then, as you said get everything you need and can break the rest, weigh in the shell to get some £££ back
Posted 20th Jun 2011 at 02:05
griffin67

Junior User

Post #7
ellis wrote:
hi bud, why exactly are you wanting to fit a v6 into it, seems alot of work for little gains as i wouldnt say its going to be any quicker. With the extra weight of the engine and the extra money you are going to spend makeing it handle ok are you not better off just tuneing the gti6 engine? If its just that you want something differant then fair enough, get some good coilovers, uprated engine mounts etc to stop the engine shifting about so much good anti roll bar and bushes and im sure it will be better. Still going to be a heavy lump tho.

i think it will be worth it in the end, i like the fact if will be different and the sound that the flat v6 makes puts a smile on my face everytime Smile i do agree it will be pricey but im in no rush this is gonna be a weekend car when done just for me to go for a nice drive and here it grumble Razz
Posted 20th Jun 2011 at 02:05
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
griffin67 wrote:
the engine im going to put in is the ES9 J4S, 1999–2003 v6 406, with is 210 PS (150 kW; 210 hp) / 6.000 of power and 285 N·m (210 lb·ft) / 3.750 of torque

I very much doubt you'll be putting that engine in without spending a lot of money on aftermarket engine management. If you are then try to find a Clio V6 (phase 2) engine as it'll fit on the Peugeot gearbox and has loads more power out of the box.

You really need to get the 194BHp non-vvc, non-multiplexed engine from a phase 1 406 to make it easy. Trust me when I say it does go very well indeed as I did this very conversion last year - search for my project thread as its pretty much all covered in there. You have 180lbft from 1500rpm and seriously it goes well. You do feel the weight a bit so stiffer front springs are a good plan. Make sure you buy a car with a good cambelt - its a lot of money to sort. SKF/ Renault Laguna ones are the cheapest and use the later style tensioners, water pump and belt.

There is a shit load to get sorted. PM me if you have any questions.

Nothing to see here
Posted 20th Jun 2011 at 03:36
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
I must say though that it is a lot cheaper to sell your 306 and get something quicker out of the box. A (working) Volvo V70 P2 T5 for example Ninja LOL

Nothing to see here
Posted 20th Jun 2011 at 03:37
griffin67

Junior User

Post #10
i think for now i'm going to hold off on the v6 project, i don't have the experience to do it, i might just work on getting the handing perfect, then ill go from there Smile one step at a time hey Smile
Posted 22nd Jun 2011 at 23:56
griffin67

Junior User

Post #11
adam b wrote:
I must say though that it is a lot cheaper to sell your 306 and get something quicker out of the box. A (working) Volvo V70 P2 T5 for example Ninja LOL

nah im goin to stick with the 306, i love these cars might sell my saxo vts and get something quicker tho Smile
Posted 23rd Jun 2011 at 01:10
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #12
tesstuff wrote:
Or buy a v6 project all ready to drop in Smile

Not that many 306 ones though. Yeah sure if its a 205...

Nothing to see here
Posted 23rd Jun 2011 at 02:34
griffin67

Junior User

Post #13
tesstuff wrote:
Or buy a v6 project all ready to drop in Smile

i have kept my eye out, i have seen a few ready just need wiring and bits and bobs but have put a huge body kit on it or something like that, i would like it to be a 306 gti, thats it look wise Razz
Posted 23rd Jun 2011 at 11:00
lotek

Seasoned Pro

Post #14
were have you seen some for sale? got any links?
Posted 23rd Jun 2011 at 12:39
griffin67

Junior User

Post #15
lotek wrote:
were have you seen some for sale? got any links?

sorry i have none at the mo, there was a few on gumtree and there was one on ebay abit back but i haven't seen any in a while will keep an eye out tho and let you know if i see one Smile ok mate
Posted 24th Jun 2011 at 23:02