displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Head gasket or something else?
misschief

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Basically I know you'll probably all say 'head gasket Yes' but could it really be anything else?

The stage one fan doesn't come on (Bitron unit or knackered thermostat? Both?), but the stage two does but by then it's like blowing against a hurricane and the temp keeps climbing. A run at decent speeds does bring the temp down again but when it's climbing into the red the air coming through the blowers seems to get cooler making it next to impossible to bring the temp down.

Could it just be the lack of phase one fan and an airlock somewhere? Can I bleed the system myself? if so, how?

It's going into the mechanic for further investigation on Wednesday. I'm dreading it TBH.
Posted 20th Jun 2011 at 05:44
Rich E Forum Admin

Post #2
The fan issue is probably a failed fan motor or relay(s).

The overheating could just be an airlock, or it could be something worse.

What did the garage say?

Rich
Posted 24th Jun 2011 at 01:20
tarret

Regular

Post #3
i had the same problem and it was a sensor in my rad, changed it and problem solved
Posted 24th Jun 2011 at 01:40
misschief

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Garage said it was low on water, but the system was very quick to pressurise. It's been filled with water and I'll keep an eye on it. it seems much better now than before but we'll see.
Posted 24th Jun 2011 at 03:06