displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: XSi ECU Question
pugmarshall

Regular

Post #1
Had a quick search but couldn't find what I needed, so here goes.

My uncle has a ph2 (98) XSi, he's basically in love with the thing Mellow And he wants to get more power from the original lump, instead of buying a '6 or going RS, if he can help it.

Basically he wants to know, can a GTi6 ECU be used on the XSi? Also, if not, does anyone know of any places that will unlock and/or remap the original ECU?

From what I understand, to get a '6 ECU, he will have to run a '6 fuel rail and injectors? Rendering it pointless?

Any help appreciated.
Posted 13th Jun 2011 at 19:42
rikky 🦔

Post #2
changing the ecu isn't likely to do anything anyway and i doubt it'd even run right

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 13th Jun 2011 at 19:46
pugmarshall

Regular

Post #3
So it wouldn't run like a '6 if it had '6 manifolds and ECU? What if he got the '6 manifolds and then remapped the GTi6 ECU?

I forgot to mention it has a pipercross induction kit, a Magnex backbox on the way and no middle box.
Posted 13th Jun 2011 at 20:02
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #4
he'll need the cams, the head, the cam sensor, injectors, engine wiring loom, intake and exhaust manifolds, pistons.......

i.e just buy a 6 LOL

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 13th Jun 2011 at 20:14
pugmarshall

Regular

Post #5
haha he wont, he loves the thing Roll eyes It is a minter, though.

I guess a remapped XSi ECU is the best decision, then?
Posted 13th Jun 2011 at 20:47
rikky 🦔

Post #6
seriously, i f*cked about with my xsi for years. the best thing i did with that engine was scrapping it when it's HG finally went. he will learn to forget the xsi engine when he takes the plunge into the RFS engine

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 13th Jun 2011 at 21:01