displaying posts 1 to 2 of 2

Author Subject: Idle help needed please
aknight

Regular

Post #1
Right, I've had a problem for a while now were once up to temp the rallye will not hold it'd idle when stoping at juctions/roundabouts or when starting up when hot(petrol station refill).
ICV has been replaced and then the new one cleaned (with a reset each time)and likewise the MAP sensor.This used to clear the fault for 2 weeks up until a month ago, then fix would only last 2 days.I have now fitted a replacement throttle body and a new throttle postion senor under it, along with a ECU reset (Wednesday last week).This work until today - although on/off throttle was a bit jurky. I have also noticed that when the fault kicks back in the petrol used goes up every time. Sad Sad
Where else can I look for this faut????Unsure
Thanks for your time.Love

Team 330mm.Team Rallye.
Posted 12th Jun 2011 at 14:22
smithers

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Try unplugging the lambda and see how it runs although the symptoms don't really point at this apart from the excess fuel consumption. Thumbs up

1997 Black GTi6
smithers205 at hotmail.com
Posted 12th Jun 2011 at 18:10