displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: pulling and leaking.
mjstones

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
no, not my hobbies for the day, the brakes. seems to be pulling to the left under hard braking and the fluid keeps getting low. obviously there's some sort of correlation between the two. any ideas precisely what and how i could fix it???

cheers. Thumbs up

Never underestimate the power of De-Nile.

Friday afternoon car, built in France.... Ninja

306gti6.com Stickers available, pm me for details. or email MjStones83@hotmail.com

Sticker Thread with pics

Posted 3rd Jun 2011 at 20:40
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Simplest place to start is just to jack it up and see if you can see any obvious leaks or wet spots around the calipers or pipework.

Could be a siezed or leaking caliper, check all the wheels rotate freely when jacked up.

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 4th Jun 2011 at 08:12
mjstones

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
well, it's definitely leaking fluid out of the drivers side brakes. looks like it's coming from just behing the caliper. would that mean i have to take the hoses off or would the caliper be the fault?? i only ask as when i tried to get a garage to fit my braided hoses they said they'd have to put new lines(?) in cos the joins were seized on or something.

306gti6.com Stickers available, pm me for details. or email MjStones83@hotmail.com

Sticker Thread with pics

Posted 7th Jun 2011 at 01:09
rich999

Post #4
If you already have new braided flexi hoses I'd get a garage to fit those and see if the leak stops. As for the brake 'lines', that is the metal pipework that brings the fluid from engine bay down to under the arch. The flexi hose then attaches between the brake line and calliper. New brake lines don't cost much.
Posted 7th Jun 2011 at 01:25
mjstones

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
yeah it's prob for the best if i get the garage to do this one. if the hoses are stuck on i really cba p*ssing about with the brake lines. i'll take it to my friendly local polish guy who can hopefully do it on the cheap

Sticker Thread with pics

Posted 7th Jun 2011 at 01:53
mjstones

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
damn and blast. the polish guy's shut his garage! oh well.. would the caliper be causing the leak? just wondering if it's worth getting hold of one for when the job gets done??

Sticker Thread with pics

Posted 9th Jun 2011 at 05:22
paul_13

Senior User

Post #7
The flexi loose going into the caliper? 14mm spanner check it's tight.

If it's loose will need bleeding and this will be the pulling problem due to the lack of braking effort.

205 GTI6- Rebuilt engine, lightened flywheel, lightened pulley, 307 hdi brakes, Koni struts on gravel spec springs, 22mm TB's, 24mm ARB, Roll cage, Citreon ZX rear dampers, SL434's, Xsara box, Quickrack, Pipercross enclosed induction kit. Smile

Private work, not a prob Smile
Posted 9th Jun 2011 at 05:31