Im posting on here because as useful as the 205gtidrivers forum is, its hard posting things lol.
I have a 1.6 205gti '91. I have been thinking hard about wat to do with it and have now decided on a GTI-6 conversion. I chose the GTI-6 over the MI16 as getting an alloy block MI16 is getting harder and its as old or older then the car.
I finally decided that i need more power after having a little race with a friend who had a 106quiksilver 1.4 and there was nothing in it. the way i see it i should have been at least a little bit quicker. Besides that i have always wanted to build a sleeper and i love playing with cars .
I have done quite alot of research over quite a few forums but am still unsure of what i need in some areas. i am trying to get everything i need together and going to try to do the whole conversion in one hit if possible.
so... i have the 205, i have bought an engine with unlocked ecu and this is my shopping list- Please correct me or point out anything else i might need..
- MI16 clutch
-Planning on using my 1.6 gearbox
- Thermostat adapter, thinking about buying the BakerBM gti6 hose kit which comes with adapter
- Re-angled exh manifold, buy or modify?
- Wiring loom, have contacted Spiky about one of his modified looms
- Throttle cable? do i need a longer one?
- Alternator mounting? do use the '5 alternator or the '6 one?
- Oil pressure adapter, ive seen a couple of people use it but dont know where to get it from?
- Exhaust, i have an exhaust system not fitted to the car but dont know how the fit is to the gti6 manifold opposed to the 1.6 manifold
Thats all i can think of atm but im sure there are more things and questions.
As far as i can work out you need to tilt the engine forward by shortening the lower engine mount in order to clear the master cylinder? and because of this u have to angle the exh fanimold? im a little bit confused by this part so any help is much appreciated.
as soon as i have anything worth taking a picture of then i will post them up.