displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: ekectrical problem drainin the battery.
sparko

Regular

Post #1
any ideas guys? short circuit maybe? any other reasons? startin to get on my tits Crazy

Cherry Red - Phase 1 Restoration

She's alive again Smile
Posted 31st May 2011 at 06:11
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #2
Fit a kill switch, job done Wink

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 31st May 2011 at 06:14
sparko

Regular

Post #3
break the feed from the battery loopin it onto the car?.... thats a crackin idea. didnt even cross my mind. im a sparky too, dumb moment LOL

need to get off my arse an fault find. dont like problems in the 6 Big grin

She's alive again Smile
Posted 31st May 2011 at 06:19
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #4
You can take off a battery connector and use an ammeter in line with the battery and lead you removed, you should see some current flowing if its enough to drain the battery, i cant imagine the digi click even registering on a nomal multimeter. You can then get a mate to start pulling fuses inside the car, if you see the amps drop suddenly whichever fuse he pulld out last is on the offending circuit. After that it time to start disconnecting relays and ancilaries till you find the short. Best of luck.

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 31st May 2011 at 06:25
sparko

Regular

Post #5
think i'll need it. heatin matrix burst, p*ssed water out every where. had to bypass it in the end. hopin water got in an it'll dry up eventually. cure the problem. sure i'll find out when i eventually replace the matrix..... eventually bein the word LOL

She's alive again Smile
Posted 31st May 2011 at 06:34