displaying posts 1 to 11 of 11

Author Subject: Custom Loom
af1-gti

Senior User

Post #1
Hi, having stripped all my loom down inside the car, having just whats needed running to the back of the car for the rear lights a fuel pump etc.

had a go at stripping behind the dashboard and have come unstuck.. I have stripped more then i should have basically lol Sad

Im going to have a go at making my own custom loom i should be able to get what i need from here

has anyone done this? the car still runs and drives but i have lost a few things and there are so many shared wires etc i just want to strip it all back and run it through a brand new simple fusebox to simplify everything Big grin

all gen welcome

Rich E wrote:

With the 306 Rallye the goal wasn't to make a purer or more focussed car. It was to make a cheaper car, and then cynically use Peugeot's motorsport heritage to make it appeal to enthusiasts.
Posted 31st May 2011 at 01:03
af1-gti

Senior User

Post #2
any gen

Rich E wrote:

With the 306 Rallye the goal wasn't to make a purer or more focussed car. It was to make a cheaper car, and then cynically use Peugeot's motorsport heritage to make it appeal to enthusiasts.
Posted 3rd Jun 2011 at 23:17
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #3
CBS, Car Builder Solutions do a complete relay and fuse box for kit cars, includes 3 speed wipers, main and dip lights, indicators etc. It comes with complete instructions, not a bad shout to start from if you are doing this from scratch.

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 3rd Jun 2011 at 23:56
chris with a pug

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
daveyboy wrote:
CBS, Car Builder Solutions do a complete relay and fuse box for kit cars, includes 3 speed wipers, main and dip lights, indicators etc. It comes with complete instructions, not a bad shout to start from if you are doing this from scratch.

got a link?
Posted 4th Jun 2011 at 01:35
clen666

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
this one?

Team 'unintentional rat look'
Posted 4th Jun 2011 at 03:28
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #6
clen666 wrote:

Nice one Graeme Cool

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 4th Jun 2011 at 05:56
chris with a pug

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
Thanks for the link. More Ideas
Posted 8th Jun 2011 at 03:45
velar

Regular

Post #8
I started form scratch with the wiring on my track car, using circuit breakers
Not to hard, but then it has hardly any electrical items left.( and runs after market ecu.)

L reg "black and blue" phase 1 track 6
Posted 9th Jun 2011 at 00:20
af1-gti

Senior User

Post #9
velar, mine has nothing left.. but im running a standard ecu have you got any diagrams or tips?

Rich E wrote:

Posted 9th Jun 2011 at 18:42
velar

Regular

Post #10
pm me an email address and I will send all the wiring info I have.

I found the haynes wiring diagrams the most usefull, and are pretty comprehensive (apart from the imobaliser.)

The wiring looks complex, but if you work through each connection from the ecu one at a time, it is all quite straight forward.

What functions have you lost that you need to get working again?

L reg "black and blue" phase 1 track 6
Posted 9th Jun 2011 at 22:32
af1-gti

Senior User

Post #11
currently working on this (not got much time mind) however if i do fail (inevitable) can anyone point me in the direction of someone who could build a loom for me? that would run from the connection by the drivers wheel into the car and run lights, horn, fogs, indicators/hazards, fuel pump and dashboard?

Alan

Rich E wrote:

Posted 19th Jun 2011 at 18:30