displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Engine rattle
rallye1999

Senior User

Post #1
Yesterday my engine started to rattle and think it's bottom end related ok on idle but anything more it rattles like a diesel but worse, the oil brether pipe was blocked up and causing oil to come from the dipstick tube and filler cap, so just to check with people in the know, it's Fu*ked yea? Because if it is I'm just going to sell it as is, I have too much on at the moment to swap it all over, thanks
Posted 30th May 2011 at 20:51
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #2
If its coming from the bottom end, then sadly I suspect it will be terminal and will require a rebuild....are you sure its deffo from the bottom end?? Unsure

Stan.

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 30th May 2011 at 22:39
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
I assume the oil overheated then ? or some how you have cooked the main bearings if its knocking then i'd say its had it Sad Gutted
Posted 30th May 2011 at 22:49
rallye1999

Senior User

Post #4
bigbadbowen wrote:
I assume the oil overheated then ? or some how you have cooked the main bearings if its knocking then i'd say its had it Sad Gutted
didn't go over average temp or anything so I dunno, it was just after a spirited drive though lol , I was planning on selling it Soon anyway so I think I might have to try and sell it as is, I have my other 306 track car that needs to be ready for a ring trip and a vx220 that needs to be sold and didn't really need this but never mind,
Posted 30th May 2011 at 22:59