displaying posts 1 to 9 of 9

Author Subject: Vac pipe help needed. Please!!
m@tth

Post #1
I know its been covered in previous threads but i cant work out what vac piping goes where due to most of it being missing!!
First of all,
Vacuum pipe from ECU,where should it plug into?
Vacuum pods connect via T piece to where? Solenoid?
Solenoid (below coil wiring?)i have one pipe loop up to pipe work coming off of vac pump and thats it?? any ideas ??

I love this pug even though its in a state at the moment and refuse to let it beat me so any help in connecting this vac system correctly will be much appreciated.
Posted 22nd May 2011 at 20:45
mr swampy s16

**BAD SELLER**

Post #2
Let me see if i can find my file i wrote on setting up the avac system.
Its on here pug306.net some where.
Do you have the metal pipes for vacume running across the top of the engine?
Posted 22nd May 2011 at 20:57
m@tth

Post #3
Thanks for quick reply.Ill look for that in a bit.
Yeah 2 pipes i think but one unit. What size silicone pipe did you replace your pipe with 4mm id or 5mm id? Thanks again, Matt
Posted 22nd May 2011 at 21:09
dan_s16

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
IIRC I used 4mm on mine but it was a few years ago now so not 100% sure.

This pic shows the vacuum pipe coming from the ecu to the white filter, then on to the metal pipe on the inlet manifold:

The second pic shows the inlet manifold, the big pipe on the right goes to the big tee piece that is connected to the vacuum pump and brake servo, the middle one connects to the other end of the metal pipe from the ecu and the one on the left goes to the fuel pressure reg on the fuel rail:

The third pic shows the top of the inlet manifold, the feed from the inlet manifold comes up from underneath on to the fuel pressure reg, there is also a small tee piece that connects the two vacuum solenoids together, the vacuum feed goes under the manifold and round to the side where the electrical solenoid is mounted to the side of the cylinder head:

The last pic shows the electrical solenoid and the big tee piece on the side of the head. The electrical solenoid can't really be seen though partly due to a leak I had covering every thing in crappy water that is a sod to get off and just because there is so much stuff there. Basically on the electrical solenoid, the vacuum connector pointing to the front of the car has the vacuum feed from the big tee piece connected to it, the outlet just above it pointing up has the vacuum line to the solenoids on the inlet manifold connected to it and the outlet on the back of the electrical solenoid is left open:

When I've got time I forget what I wanted to do, and when I remember what I wanted to do, I have no time!
Posted 22nd May 2011 at 23:40
m@tth

Post #5
Thanks so much for that!! Now i know where it all goes it might run...and if i ever get the icv out and clean it!! What a b*tch of a job!! Thanks again. If the pipe from the ecu isnt connected to anything should it run still?? When i say run i mean revs up fine but wont idle?
Posted 23rd May 2011 at 01:39
dan_s16

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Yeah IIRC when mine got unplugged it wouldn't idle but would rev ok if you kept it going yourself.

LOL the ICV is a right b*tch to get out without taking the throttle body off. it is possible though just takes a lot of patience!

When I've got time I forget what I wanted to do, and when I remember what I wanted to do, I have no time!
Posted 23rd May 2011 at 01:59
m@tth

Post #7
It idles lovely now. Did the ICV without taking the throttle body off!! OMG nothing fits back in its place again without a shoehorn and a tub of grease!! Now to tackle the avac system! My local dealer cant find that 4 way T piece on their parts lookup and i have a bit broken off!!
Posted 23rd May 2011 at 23:46
dan_s16

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
The part number is: 4575 19 They call it an Amplifier Valve and it is £25.92 apparently, according to service box anyway.

I may have a spare one about if you want it (that is assuming I've still got it and it's still in the box where I put it)

Posted 24th May 2011 at 04:07
m@tth

Post #9
They found it eventually!! With the brake master cylinder! Thanks for the offer but they had one on the shelf so ive got it on the car already. Then moved it only to find the n/s lower arm is knackered!
Posted 25th May 2011 at 00:26