displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: Amp power cable routing PH1
ritchie-t

Regular

Post #1
I cannot seem to find the large grommet in passenger footwell that people use to pass the amp power cable through.

Is this even there on a phase 1? The reason I am asking is because people have said it is where the air con drain pipe runs through, but the phase 1 has no air con. I assumed that there would still be a plastic cap or something there in the same place.

Unless I am blind I cannot find it Sad
Posted 8th May 2011 at 19:10
dan_s16

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
No if the car didn't have aircon from the factory the hole would of never been cut, just drill a hole through the bulk head in the same area, just make sure there aren't any brake pipes etc the other side first. Don't forget to use a grommet in the hole to help protect the cable and just seal it up with silicone

When I've got time I forget what I wanted to do, and when I remember what I wanted to do, I have no time!
Posted 8th May 2011 at 21:01
ritchie-t

Regular

Post #3
Cheers Dan,

Before putting in a grommet, do you have any recommendations for treating the bare metal where the hole has been drilled? I don’t want rust start over time.

Some hammerite perhaps?
Posted 8th May 2011 at 21:27
dan_s16

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Yeah thats what I used to cover the exposed metal (I forgot to mention that bit) Saying that though I put enough silicone on both sides of the hole to completely cover it so couldn't tell you if it's rusted or not Razz

When I've got time I forget what I wanted to do, and when I remember what I wanted to do, I have no time!
Posted 8th May 2011 at 23:39
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Touch-up paint/primer or something like POR-15 or Hammerite.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 21st May 2011 at 02:21
ritchie-t

Regular

Post #6
Just wanted to say thanks for the advice. I have just finished doing this and all went well Cool.

The drill went through pretty much as soon as a pulled the trigger, no wonder French cars have a reputation of having thin body work. I suppose we could argue that it saves weight.LOL
Posted 26th Jun 2011 at 23:32