displaying posts 1 to 2 of 2

Author Subject: Fixing Heatshield
benn25

Regular

Post #1
Ok, so SS versions aren't available so the next best thing would be to fix it. Ive found this stuff and thought it could be useful and bring the heatshield back to life. What's people's thoughts?

click here

Just found some of that gold stuff in the UK (LK Performance) for a 30ft roll (not that you would need that much) but they're charging £85 for it Shock Can't believe its only £40 from the States (excl. delivery).
Posted 7th May 2011 at 02:36
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
I had a roll of that inherited from someone at work, it was used on the diesel gen set exhaust systems to keep the acoustic enclosure cool and channel the waste heat outside.

You could give it a go but it's not great value. I lent mine to a friend who wrapped his Rover's intercooler piping around the turbo with noticable effect.

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Bianca LBSC Rallye - Track/Road Slag Project Thread
Sparkling Silver Mini Cooper D - Super Dooper Superman - (The other half's wheels)
Posted 7th May 2011 at 10:52