displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: Rear Bumpers, PH2+3? And Regular 2 GTi?
orta

Senior User

Post #1
Hi All,

I've got a nasty cracked bumper... and I was wondering a few points...
1). Is there any difference between the Phase 2 and 3 bumpers?
2). Is there any difference between the GTi bumper and a regular bumper? (Apart from the obvious exhaust cutout). There's tons of hdi/dturbo and xsi bumpers out there but not a hell of a lot of GTi ones.
3). Also, it's proving almost impossible to find one in good condition in my colour. How much would a shop charge to spray just the bumper off the car? I can fit it myself, just would want a pro job on the painting...

Cheers in advance all Cool

CLUB BLACK RALLYE

||B8s||60-70mm drop||Black Partner Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Refurbed Beam||Hybrid ARB||VTS Torsion Bar||
Posted 1st May 2011 at 03:02
fozzy_255

Senior User

Post #2
Yeah they will all fit. same fixings

What colour you after
Posted 1st May 2011 at 03:13
orta

Senior User

Post #3
I'm after a Black 1, a ph3 fully colour coded black. In mint condition!

I know they'll all fit. I'm concerned about the asthetics. I dnt wanna buy a hdis bumper only got it to look different 2 every other gtis...

CLUB BLACK RALLYE

||B8s||60-70mm drop||Black Partner Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Refurbed Beam||Hybrid ARB||VTS Torsion Bar||
Posted 1st May 2011 at 03:22
fozzy_255

Senior User

Post #4
The Ph3 rear bumpers with cutouts are all the same iirc

But the ones without the cutouts seem to be a bit rounder bulkier not as good looking if you ask me. And Ph2 bumpers which aren't gtis aren't fully colour coded. Well rarely they are.
Posted 1st May 2011 at 03:32
orta

Senior User

Post #5
I'll probably end up picking up a phase 2 bumper. So besides the fact it's not colour coded (Which doesn't matter as I'm going to have it sprayed anyway) there's no difference? No physical little "flare" bits the GTi might have over others... nothing?

CLUB BLACK RALLYE

Posted 2nd May 2011 at 01:31
smevs

Post #6
The phase 2 non-gti bumper without exhaust cutout is different. Its alot more rounded and looks rubbish! Basically, if its a phase 2/3 and it has an exhaust cut out then its the right one.

I drive a Peugeot, yet i always recommend a Honda?
Posted 31st May 2011 at 17:16