displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: Allinment
daicarvideoguy

Post #1
Hi All

I am new to the club and GTI-6 ownership although i had a 309 GTI a long time ago.

I am looking to get the Allinment done on my car in the next few days as it is pulling to the left when the stearing wheel is in the straight ahead possition.

I believe its on standard susbenstion at the front and has a rebuild rear beam.

Does anyone know what the settings should be in order to get a pointy front end and a loose rear?

As i am guessing the local wheel allinment place will just reset it to factory settings.

Cheers

Dai

Xbox Live: DaicarvideoGuy, Forza 4
Posted 28th Apr 2011 at 13:57
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
There's nothing much you can do for handling setup by alignment, you'd really need to change your suspension to do that.

Rear wheels are non-adjustable, fronts are 1 degree of toe-in by the book, but setting it to parallel will give you slightly better turn-in at the expense of straight-line stability.

To be honest with standard suspension there's nothing they can really do.

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 28th Apr 2011 at 17:20
daicarvideoguy

Post #3
Thanks owain

Will the standard set up, be inductive to lift off overstear which these cars are famed for or had all the press cars been tinkered with?

and is this more to do with tyres than suspension aliment?

Cheers
Dai

Xbox Live: DaicarvideoGuy, Forza 4
Posted 28th Apr 2011 at 18:47
bobdylan_55

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
no so much as 309 and 106 but the lift of oversteer is still there when pushed. More stable basically but still fun if you rag tits off it.

309 GTi6-T
Posted 28th Apr 2011 at 19:01
bennn

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
bobdylan_55 wrote:
no so much as 309 and 106 but the lift of oversteer is still there when pushed. More stable basically but still fun if you rag tits off it.

Thats odd because both my 6's seems a lot more tail happy than the 106, i assumed it was because of the extra weight in the front.

Cherry Red 306 HDI
Championship White Integra DC5 Type R
Posted 28th Apr 2011 at 20:11
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
daicarvideoguy wrote:
Will the standard set up, be inductive to lift off overstear which these cars are famed for or had all the press cars been tinkered with?

and is this more to do with tyres than suspension aliment?

I can't speak for a standard one as mine's lowered on decent suspension, but I wasn't really aware they were likely to LO oversteer any more than any other car to be honest. Lift-off is caused by a shift of weight from the rear to front tyres, making the arse end suddenly very light. The only way of changing this dramatically is to change your suspension. Obviously better tyres will give you more grip, but it's your front springs and dampers that affect how much your car dives.

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 28th Apr 2011 at 20:55
lotek

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
daicarvideoguy wrote:
Does anyone know what the settings should be in order to get a pointy front end and a loose rear?

1deg toe out. 34psi front 36psi rear

Thumbs up
Posted 29th Apr 2011 at 00:06