displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: Please help!!
danny555

Junior User

Post #1
Right guys I have a slight problem with my window. It piped out the other day and the top clip had broke! So I went to Peugeot and got a replacement. But they said that the bottom rubber can go too! So I got both parts went home and replaced the top clip and pulled the door card off and found where the bottom rubber goes but it was a little hard to get at! It is behind a white plastic clip that holds the window to the regulator on the slider. So as I was figuring out how to remove the white clip from the slider I had noticed that it is hooked over and one of the hooks was broken. So as I was operating the window I could see the movement on the clip.

My question is that how do you remove the clip? I can see the cables from the regulator hook into it.

But then I thought that if you pull tha window all the way up it would run off the slider meaning I could remove the clip. (this was after I had removed the rubber seals etc) so in progress of doing that I had broke the clip completely and now have a window that does not work at all!

So a little suck and in need of some help please.

1997 Black Phase 1 306 GTI 6

Posted 26th Apr 2011 at 17:31
MCH_GTi6

formerly mch

Post #2
what part on here?

Team Moonstone� Ph3 GTI6
Team Rallye
Posted 26th Apr 2011 at 18:02
danny555

Junior User

Post #3
On the 1st pic you see the green clip on the slider with the rubber plug on top which goes into the window. Well mine is a white clip and I'm not sure if it's any different on a phase 1. But I don have a clue how to remove it. Is the regulator hard to completely remove? It's just it's a little hard to get my hands in there. I see that there are rivits holding it on.

Posted 26th Apr 2011 at 18:19
MCH_GTi6

formerly mch

Post #4
the rubber has a little clip holding it on, its fiddly but if you pull the clip out it should pop off...

the green part (yours is white) i'm not sure how they come off but theres a guy selling those on ebay...
as for the full motor, if you drill the rivets out and unbolt everything its not too bad to remove, just a little fiddly

Team Moonstone� Ph3 GTI6
Team Rallye
Posted 26th Apr 2011 at 18:44
danny555

Junior User

Post #5
Cool cheers for that mate. I was rattling my brain tring to figure that out. So now I will have to figure out how to remove that clip. I may just take the whole lot out. Will the regulator come out with the window or do I have to remove the window? The only thing holding the window to the regulator is has rubber plug. From what all I can see.

Posted 26th Apr 2011 at 18:52
MCH_GTi6

formerly mch

Post #6
have someone hold the window right the way up... dont it that way before

Team Moonstone� Ph3 GTI6
Team Rallye
Posted 27th Apr 2011 at 14:32
benn25

Regular

Post #7
As above mate. Theres a clip at the back of the clip holding the window. I had to get some pliers to pull mine out. Its a right PITA. I would presume the white will be the same, although if not it could just be stuck in with years of grit.
Posted 27th Apr 2011 at 16:23