displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Project: lovely 6
af1-gti

Senior User

Post #1
Well, I keep posting really dull and boring threads all over the place, so i thought i would start a project thread about the 6 just so all the info was in one place. So everything is in one place and easier to ignore

Well it all started in October 2010 when I saw this car advertise locally for £550 on here.
I text the guy and tried to buy it but was told it was sold and he was just waiting for the bloke to contact him about picking it up.. however later on in the day he called me back and said please come over and buy my car!

First drive home was epic had a couple of quick diesel before but never a fast petrol car, in the very wet! even got a free talking heads cd in the car to listen to on the way home!

Problems when I got the car

Cracked Windscreen
Wrong Bumper
Missing Air Filter
Short MOT

Rich E wrote:

With the 306 Rallye the goal wasn't to make a purer or more focussed car. It was to make a cheaper car, and then cynically use Peugeot's motorsport heritage to make it appeal to enthusiasts.
Posted 26th Apr 2011 at 00:07
af1-gti

Senior User

Post #2
Got a new bumper from pug306.net

OMG this is boring, so fast forward to a month or so back fixed those problems and wired in citroen ZX rad fans (simplier then fixing bitron units etc).. was doing 100miles a day in the car which was costing me a small fortune, got myself a cheap motorway diseaseal

chicks with kids dig big saabs with high euro ncap scores and tend to dislike old 1990s peugeots so this is an excellent milf hunting vehicle, anyway i digress

for years and years since i was about 14 i have wanted to own a track car (well drive one too tbh) but have always been skint, well im still skint so i thought why not?

and that was it

PROJECT LOVELY 6 FTMFW WAS BORN!!!

Rich E wrote:

With the 306 Rallye the goal wasn't to make a purer or more focussed car. It was to make a cheaper car, and then cynically use Peugeot's motorsport heritage to make it appeal to enthusiasts.
Posted 26th Apr 2011 at 00:14
af1-gti

Senior User

Post #3
stripped the seats out and sold them a while ago then the car kind of just sat around seatless Shock

found some cheap reclining bucket seats, only problem was the runners had s13 mounts welded onto them, my dremel is too small for this job and my massive angle grinder is too big, so I have resorted to mounting the seat directly to subframe, I bought an OMP sub frame and had to adjust the holes a little to make it fit but the seat sits very close to the door and you sit offset from the steering wheel

not happy about it, but dont know what to do :/ the subframe cost me quite a few quid too Sad

not to be put off by these things I went ahead and stripped the interior

but all that sound deadening and useless wiring and control boxes.. well they were really upsetting me, as was the rear wash wipe
so i ripped them all out!

didnt have a multi meter so just had to use common sense and stupidity and lots of checking of lights and wether the car started... all was fine till my rear lights started playing up, used a test bulb on the plugs and all was well checked the pcb the bulbs go into and...

all covered in that corroded water vs. electrics stuff

im hoping my neighbour lurch86 can sort me out with a new pair
Big grin

that sound deadening weighed about 1stone once it was all removed! well worth it imho

tip: use white spirit to get rid of the sticky tar crap WD40 does'nt work

so thats where im at, stripped inside with an offset seat still need to sort out the suspension and engine Smile

TO DO:
Fit my Spax PSX front Springs & Shocks
Refurb Rear Beam
Buy & Fit Polycarb Windows
Cambelt & Perhaps Engine rebuild over winter (will be a learning curve) supercharger?!?
Rollcage
Make some doorcards
Take Dash out and remove a lot of wiring & rest of sound deadening
Freshen up Suspension
Drill out catches and brackets on door & that black thing on the back

any tips or sugguestion are welcome, except 'p*ss on it and burn it' that would upset me

well, Im not very good at these project threads

Rich E wrote:

Posted 26th Apr 2011 at 00:51
af1-gti

Senior User

Post #4
harness fitted Big grin

Rich E wrote:

Posted 29th Apr 2011 at 18:39