displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: refurbing & fitting new springs and shocks
af1-gti

Senior User

Post #1
Hey I have a second hand pair of spax psx front suspension legs... would it be a good idea to do anything to these to freshen them up before fitting? Cosmetally the paint is flaking on the springs but that's hardly cause for concern lol

Also what else is worth changing, replacing on the front? Whilst I'm there I might as well do it properly and freshen up the front end any recommendations on parts etc? Is love the richw roller bearings but they are sooo expensive (needed though) any alternatives? Or renowned? The car will be used on track Smile

Thanks in advance, apologies if I have used the wrong word in places I'm posting from my phone....
Alan

Rich E wrote:

With the 306 Rallye the goal wasn't to make a purer or more focussed car. It was to make a cheaper car, and then cynically use Peugeot's motorsport heritage to make it appeal to enthusiasts.
Posted 22nd Apr 2011 at 13:36
smegal

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
I cannot recommend rollerbearing bushes enough.

Ex SC-6

Now in a Megane R26
Posted 23rd Apr 2011 at 02:02
af1-gti

Senior User

Post #3
need to hope some come up pre-owned then Smile

hasn't the guy stopped making them?

Rich E wrote:

With the 306 Rallye the goal wasn't to make a purer or more focussed car. It was to make a cheaper car, and then cynically use Peugeot's motorsport heritage to make it appeal to enthusiasts.
Posted 23rd Apr 2011 at 13:53
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Nope

Thumbs up

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 23rd Apr 2011 at 20:14