displaying posts 1 to 2 of 2

Author Subject: dim/dip resistor
lance xsi

Junior User

Post #1
alright

i got a problem with the lights, full beam ok, dip not workin, side lights ok.
i know its the resistor and i have found it to be burned out on pin 2 along with the plug pin 2, my local scrap yard has no phase 1 so i am stuffed as peugeot said they no longer sell it but i can bypass the resistor. so i have cut the plug off and when i try to connect the wires i can only get the dip beam working and i cant get the side lights, does anyone know how i can do this so i can get all lights working as i have my MOT soon,

cheers everyone Big grin
Posted 20th Apr 2011 at 15:37
mwl001

Regular

Post #2
There has been so many 6's broken recently that I would have thought someone would have the part you need - check the for sale section.

According to Haynes manual, 1 and 2 are simply connected together and the resistor connects between them and pin 3 so you could try connecting the wire that went to pin 2 to pin 1 as well as the exisitng wire that connects to pin 1 (you do this entirely at your own risk if you do though!).
Posted 20th Apr 2011 at 22:50