displaying posts 1 to 2 of 2

Author Subject: please help stop light
duanedibbs

Junior User

Post #1
my battery isnt holding its charge so i took it of to put it on charge all night but when i put it back on the 6 my stop light came on all the while and my temp gauge isnt working anymore engine is warm fans didnt come on but i didnt leave it running for long enough to let them come on.the only thing i have done before the battery prob was a oil change with castrol magnatec which is just above the min on the dip stick thanks. oh its a phase 1 gti6
Posted 20th Apr 2011 at 02:19
lance xsi

Junior User

Post #2
if i was you i would check the whole cooling system starting at the thermostat to see if it opens on time and if it opens fully or squint then checking all the conection plugs and sensors you will need a multimeter to check volts to the connectors and resistance on the sensors, also obv the fuses, and i would also top your oil upto the max level not min as your crankshaft is supose to splash in the oil in the sump in a bath effect and being on min is saying top up Smile
Posted 21st Apr 2011 at 06:14