displaying posts 1 to 1 of 1

Author Subject: exhaust manifold blow?
jimbamboon

Senior User

Post #1
Right, i've had a bit of a raspy exhaust blow for a while now so when i put my jetex on recently i replaced the manifold to cat fixing kit as i thought it was blowing from there. Unfortunately it still seems to be noisy from around that area and now i'm wondering about the actual manifold. The noise definitely seems to be worse after driving for a bit when its all up to temperature. I've been under the car and stuck my hand around the suspect area as much as possible but can't feel any obvious blow. How likely is it that i've got a crack somewhere that only opens up when hot or that the gasket itself has gone. I know that its a b*tch of a job to replace the manifold, but with a second hand one coming in at around £50 how much would i be looking at for it to be fitted for me and how many hours work is it. Can anyone recommend someone for the job in the reading / wokingham area?

"We never have any near misses, we hit them every time!"

clicky code for my benefit

[ url= http://www.website.com]My link[/url ]
Posted 18th Apr 2011 at 04:28