displaying posts 401 to 408 of 408

Pages (17): first .. 15 16 [17]

Author Subject: Mik's Rallye
Ben_W

Formerly gpm

Post #401
"a nice warm, dust-free environment to work in"......now that's a thing of dreams right there!!

I'm trying to turn my garage into a far more useable space now I've sold the buggy. I've got some racking from work to bring home which should sort the big "pile" of stuff I have at one end and generally make it a bit more user friendly. I have plans for a flat screen TV, sky box, storage heaters etc so I can disappear out there while she watches the horrors that are x-factor and all the associated similar s**te!!!

Cherry Red Rallye .... On going OEM spec resto

China Blue GTi6 .... Weekend toy

Black 208 GTi .... Wife's car now

Silver BMW 550i.... The executive missile

Posted 1st Sep 2018 at 05:44
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #402
20 years ago today on 28 April 1999 my then-new Rallye was first registered up in Colne, Lancashire, so she is 20 years old today.

I've owned her for 8 of those 20 years. Time flies. I remember reading about them in Performance Car (they ran a black one on a long-term test) and I remember thinking I'd really like to own one.

I've had a lot of other things on the go so haven't managed to do much work on her, but I hope to rectify that soon.

Still going strong and still fantastic to drive.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 28th Apr 2019 at 15:10
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #403
After 10 years of ownership I've sadly sold the Rallye. Too many other things going on and something had to go. It was always a great car and is still in fantastic nick.

This forum has been a mine of information over the years and I've been humbled by the help I've received throughout.

Best wishes to the new owner.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 22nd Jul 2021 at 10:28
russbez

Seasoned Pro

Post #404
Sad times! I'll mention this to Jerry when i see him haha

TEAM HIGH BOOST SUPERCHARGED RALLYE

My Rallye project thread
Posted 22nd Jul 2021 at 20:02
99rallye

Regular

Post #405
Sad times indeed! Mik, sorry to hear this but it doesn't sound like a rushed decision. I've always loved your Rallye and the love you poured into it, all the best in whatever you replace the Rallye with and I hope to see the car around.
Posted 2nd Aug 2021 at 06:54
Laytj

Junior User

Post #406
I now have Mik's Rallye and it is testament to his hard work over the years, with the exception of some paintwork it is in excellent condition. As it happens, I took it out for a spin yesterday and it drives very well.
I shall cherish the car as a future investment.

L james
Posted 2nd Aug 2021 at 11:34
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #407
mik wrote:
After 10 years of ownership I've sadly sold the Rallye. Too many other things going on and something had to go. It was always a great car and is still in fantastic nick.

This forum has been a mine of information over the years and I've been humbled by the help I've received throughout.

Best wishes to the new owner.

Sad to read Mik …good luck mucker and a pleasure to of known you x
Posted 2nd Aug 2021 at 20:11
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #408
Laytj wrote:
I now have Mik's Rallye and it is testament to his hard work over the years, with the exception of some paintwork it is in excellent condition. As it happens, I took it out for a spin yesterday and it drives very well.
I shall cherish the car as a future investment.

Good times for you Leighton Thumbs up
Posted 2nd Aug 2021 at 20:12

Pages (17): first .. 15 16 [17]