displaying posts 376 to 400 of 408

Pages (17): first .. 15 [16] 17

Author Subject: Mik's Rallye
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #376
Well I've got a Flickr account now but can't seem to get the photos to show up in this thread. I googled the problem and other users seem to have the same issue.

Anyone know the solution?

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 19th Feb 2018 at 09:32
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #377
I have been using this to upload pics

https://postimages.org

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 19th Feb 2018 at 13:56
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #378
Nope still doesn’t work. Difficult site to navigate around.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 21st Feb 2018 at 19:42
TomGC

Junior User

Post #379
I've had great success with imgur for hosting pictures. Nice simple interface and good for a laugh if you're bored.

It's possible to get around the Photobucket issue with a plugin for the Chrome browser. I can see all your pictures. How long it will continue to work I'm not sure...

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg?utm_source=chrome-app-launcher-info-dialog
Posted 22nd Feb 2018 at 07:38
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #380
I've got the plugin which works great - for now, as you say. I'll try something other than flickr.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 22nd Feb 2018 at 13:20
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #381
got the link to your flickr? it works fine off a desktop/laptop version of windows

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 22nd Feb 2018 at 16:09
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #382
The Rallye's new home, just finished:
IMG_3421 by Mik B, on Flickr

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 24th Feb 2018 at 20:35
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #383
At last! Thanks all for your help and advice about Flickr, I worked it out eventually...

IMG_3417 by Mik B, on Flickr

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 24th Feb 2018 at 20:52
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #384
Still needs plaster/paint for the walls, epoxy on the floor, loft floor, workbench, pegboard for tools etc. But I've got a proper place to work on the car that I can organise to my own specifications for the second time ever.

It is 30 sq m and has LED lighting in flourescent tube holders, an automatic door and 6 double sockets around the walls.

The sparky said "oh you will only need one double socket, no need for anything else in a garage". I said that it is not a garage for dumping stuff in, it is a place for work to be done, I want as many sockets as possible. It also has PIR outside lighting.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 24th Feb 2018 at 20:45
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #385
Awesome, i'm looking at getting a new garage built in the next couple of years, similar size to yours. Just got to save up a bit first! Big grin

Goldie the track car.
Posted 24th Feb 2018 at 20:51
TomGC

Junior User

Post #386
Galv conduit too? Proper job.

Looking good.
Posted 25th Feb 2018 at 08:08
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #387
Yes, galvanised conduit and industrial-type metal double plug sockets. Cavity wall too, as I learned from other places everything gets slightly damp in the winter with single leaf brick walls.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 25th Feb 2018 at 14:49
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #388
Looks fantastic MikThumbs up ....got to clear mine out and Epoxy the floor also
Posted 25th Feb 2018 at 18:15
TomGC

Junior User

Post #389
quote:
[quote="mik"]Yes, galvanised conduit and industrial-type metal double plug sockets. Cavity wall too, as I learned from other places everything gets slightly damp in the winter with single leaf brick walls.

Yes, I can attest to this as I've just built a single skin one. Used plastic conduit too... tight wad.

But, it's still better than nothing and the money saved will buy a nice pair of dampers and some proper calipers.

Look forward to seeing the updates now the pictures work, I'm slowly working my way through the earlier pages!
Posted 26th Feb 2018 at 12:40
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #390
Rallye steering wheel retrimmed by DesignLS for a thicker, OEM+ look and feel.

Pug_Steering_Wheel by Mik B, on Flickr

It looks a bit more subtle in real life than it does in the pic.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 1st Mar 2018 at 15:10
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #391
It is now 7 years since I bought the Rallye. Still enjoying it. No plans to sell.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 30th Mar 2018 at 17:20
jord294

Seasoned Pro

Post #392
How’s that axle??

FRESHLY RE-FURBISHED GTI BEAMS
FITTING AND LOWERING AVAILABLE.
ALL AXLES BUILT USING GENUINE PEUGEOT PARTS

IF I'M NOT HERE, IT ONLY MEANS ONE THING.... I'M SOMEWHERE ELSE!
Posted 30th Mar 2018 at 20:09
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #393
Still not put it on yet - I've been working overseas for the last 18 months and want to do a couple of things (bump stop cups etc) before I put it on so as not to damage the finish.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 31st Mar 2018 at 11:14
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #394
So I got back a couple of days ago from working overseas for the last 18 months. Fired up the Rallye after turning it over without the fuel pump fuse in it to get the oil moving. Checked all the tyre pressures as they had been at 42psi and sitting on pieces of carpet in the garage to stop flat spotting while not being used. Reinflated all to 36psi. Drove it around to get it up to temp and get everything moving. Noticed a bit of a tap on idle which I've never heard before.

Once it was thoroughly up to temp I gave it an Italian tune-up going up and down a nice bit of hill not far from home. This had the bonus of getting the brakes exercised as there was a bit of squealing and the bite wasn't so great. Afterwards the tap was gone, the brakes were much better and I had a massive grin on my face. Result.

Now I need to make a checklist of the things I need to get sorted in the next few months. Starting with the pump stop area at the rear. It also needs tracking, wheel balancing and a few other minor things.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 26th Apr 2018 at 10:59
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #395
How much was the steering wheel retrim? Thinking about getting it done on the DC5

Rallye Race Car
Posted 26th Apr 2018 at 11:35
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #396
About £200. I can't find the invoice but it was around that figure. The price varies based on how quickly you want it done. I seem to remember it is competitive with Royal Steering Wheels etc. The quality of the work by DesignLS is excellent.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 29th Apr 2018 at 11:03
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #397
So today I finally got time to do a job on the Rallye. I removed the stereo stalk adapter for the Blaupunkt I've got in the car and swapped the red and yellow wires over so that the previous functionality of being able to operate the stereo with the ignition off is regained. When I tested it after reinstallation and turned the stereo on with the ignition off the stalk did not work. I checked everything and found the stalk works perfectly with ignition on, but not when it is off. Which is OK as you mainly need the stalk while driving. I don't know if this is the case with the OE Pug stereo or not.

I did not need to cut and solder any wires - I found a Latvian Youtube video showing how to remove the terminals from the connector block using a pair of paperclips. One came out easily but the other took a bit more fiddling, and I simply pushed them into place swapping the wires in the A4 and A7 positions.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 3rd Jun 2018 at 15:18
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #398
I want to tackle the areas around and above/behind the bump stops where road grime gets blown, which is one of the few places I did not manage to de-rust when I did the underside.

Has anyone tried sandblasting into that cavity above the bump stops? I was thinking it would be one way to de-rust an otherwise unaccessible area, then clean it out with water and isopropyl alcohol to dry it, then get some Electrox and wax behind there. I'm also going to get a propane torch to heat up the bump stop cup bolts as they will be seized and I want to get the cups out to clean up around there.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 3rd Jun 2018 at 15:17
Ben_W

Formerly gpm

Post #399
Mik,

As you'll know from my resto, those bump stop cavities are a complete arse to get into. I managed to get to a decent portion of mine using small wire brushes on a drill. I guess you could try blasting but there isnt any room really to move the nozzle around to direct the media. Such a stupid design really. I dont understand why they did it the way they did.

I think i ended up lumping as much deox gel into them as i could and letting it do its thing. Not perfect, but a damn sight better than they were. And yes, the bump stop cup bolts are a swine! One of kine came out with no issues. The other, despite me being careful and undoing, then doing up a bit again etc, sheared with next to no effort......

Cherry Red Rallye .... On going OEM spec resto

China Blue GTi6 .... Weekend toy

Black 208 GTi .... Wife's car now

Silver BMW 550i.... The executive missile

Posted 3rd Jun 2018 at 16:22
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #400
Got the Rallye MOT'd today - passed with advisories for corroded brake pipes, slight play in track rod end ball joint and greasy CV boots. But otherwise in fine fettle. Got the brake fluid changed as well, and I'll need to do an oil and filter change soon. Anyone got a discount code for Opie Oils?

Ben, I haven't got to those bump stop cavities yet as I'm fitting out the garage so I can use it to do some work on the Rallye over winter. Been plastering it for about two weeks fitting around other things, also got a loft floor to go in, which is where all the parts will be stored. Once plastered it is time for the floor grinding and painting. Then I'll have a nice warm, dust-free environment to work in. Once I've sorted all that I need to fit my Jord/Andy rear axle I've had for almost 2 years.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 31st Aug 2018 at 15:01

Pages (17): first .. 15 [16] 17