Well I'm back in the UK for a month so naturally the priority was sorting the Rallye where she has languished for almost a year. Although I have no pics thanks to photobucket's new policy as discussed elsewhere, so I need to sort an image solution. My wife sorted insurance and a MOT appointment and it was off to the lockup to bring her to life.
Following advice on here I pulled the spark plugs, put a teaspoon of oil down each cylinder and I turned it over with no spark plugs and fuel pump fuses pulled. I put it back together and put some fresh fuel in the tank and she fired straight up. In for a MOT, change coolant, change brake fluid and installation of Mintex M1144 pads and Brembo standard replacement discs as also recommended on here.
I changed the oil as well because the old stuff was was over 11 months old, and even though it had only 1000 miles on it, it was a dark colour so I thought best replace it. I replaced like for like - Millers 10w40 CFS full synthetic.
Now taxed, I've been driving around and it is going as sweet as a nut, although I've had no time to install Jord's new rear axle and the new stereo stalk. Off to France tomorrow for some appropriate driving roads.
I have had my Rallye steering wheel recovered in smooth black leather for an OEM+ look by DesignLS but have not yet received it - I had hoped to get it on there before we went across the Channel but it was not to be.
Hopefully I'll get some pics up soon. In the meantime I'm really enjoying the Rallye.
Cherry Rallye SOLD