displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Inline fuse holder
benn25

Regular

Post #1
Okay. Im a complete newbie to ICE installs so please be gentle. Ive just got a wiring kit and Im confused about how to wire up the inline ATC fuse holder with the power cable. It comes in one piece like so:

Do I have to cut the wire in the middle. Connect the power cable with butt connector to one side and connect a spade terminal to the positive of the battery on the other? Or is this completely wrong? Any advice would be very useful as Im going to attempt this install this weekened.
Posted 15th Apr 2011 at 15:38
rikky 🦔

Post #2
the fuse will be going inbetween the power to stop a surge/enable it to fuse

depends how the fuse holder is but usually you cut the wire, and just crimp both ends onto opposite ends of the fuse, so the fuse is in the middle of your existing wire. simple really! most amps etc have this, i know mine does

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 15th Apr 2011 at 19:26
benn25

Regular

Post #3
cheers for that. i think ill give it a go.
Posted 16th Apr 2011 at 17:47