displaying posts 1 to 1 of 1

Author Subject: Heater woes
laz101

Junior User

Post #1
I bought a Rallye recently that has a/c which was apparently fitted along with a non factory heater, presumably done at the dealership that sold the car. It seems all the original wiring for the standard heater has been taped up with the different system installed instead.

The problem; the heater only works on speed three and is pretty noisy, plus there's an annoying consistent kind of crackling noise thats seems to come from the central vent.It would be nice to get it all sorted even though its not essential.

My trusted peugeot mechanic at Grove Autos has been very helpful in trying to sort it out but, along with the help of a local dealership mechanic, cant figure out exactly what the problem is and also seems to think it is not possible to get a replacement heater motor due to it being a non factory unit. He is going to get the electrician from the dealership to take a proper look but thought i would just post this to see if anyone can shed some light on it?

Cheers

Lawrence
Posted 23rd Mar 2011 at 03:03