displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: DIY exhaust
pebbles167

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
A few weeks back my back box fell off whilst driving through town (annoying) and then the rest of it (to the cat) shortly after. As a quick solution I clipped a straight bit of pipe in place of a back box and attached it to the broken centre pipe (since it was only broken on the back box join) call me chavvy but it sounds pretty good (albeit a bit too loud) and gave me the idea of building my own exhaust. Anyone else done this or know any tips or legality issues?

Cheers Smile

2005 Peugeot 206 GTI 180

2008 BMW K1200R
Posted 21st Mar 2011 at 20:45
oecken

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Hmm i know when i was using a little 1.6 306 and the backbox fell of it sounded loud yes, but f*cking shit Doh not sure if many people would make their own, i know a few guys get a professional company to make a one of custom exhaust (at a stupidly high prices mostly) Dunno

Sad Ex-Black 6 Ninja - Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.
Posted 21st Mar 2011 at 21:25
pebbles167

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
It sounded pretty shit from the cat without any piping at all but once fitted the piping seemed to calm it down a bit and actually give it a fairly nice sound. The standard backbox weighs a tonne and im looking for a light alternative that wont break the bank since im having enough trouble forking out trying to sort out various problems with idling, hesitation, bodywork, interior and all sorts.

Edit: i have been told by a mate that i could actually lose a little power from doing this?

2005 Peugeot 206 GTI 180

2008 BMW K1200R
Posted 21st Mar 2011 at 22:02