displaying posts 26 to 31 of 31

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: URGENT: Remove Driveshaft
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #26
you just need to push that end hooked bit down, give it a little tweak before trying to pull it over that might help in getting it clipped on.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 22nd Mar 2011 at 02:51
bezza90

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
Bugger it, I have just re-used the old one. Took a bit less clipping effort and in doing so did not deform any more, nor break any more plyers!

If anyone know's any reason why I should not use this clip, speak now or forever hold their peace LOL.

No seriously, it felt like it went on a whole lot more securely than if I would have put this now deformed new one on.

If it is a major issue I will try and pick one up from Pug or somewhere tomorrow, but I reckon it looks and felt ok when clipping on. I just need to clean it a little.

Almost there now then.

Tomorrow, just got to jack her back up (I had to move the car from it's position in the road, as the bin men are coming tomorrow and it was a little too far into the road for my comfort), clean up the gearbox oil from the gearbox, pop in a new seal, get the driveshaft back in, put it all back together, fill the gearbox with oil and take it for a slow test drive. I hope I can get all that done before it get's dark tomorrow, We'll see!

'00 Astor Grey GTi-6
Team: 'EVO Triangle'
This is a quantum car. I don't know where I am, but I'm going really fast.
PS3 ID: Skaankypuppy
Normally play GT6
Posted 22nd Mar 2011 at 02:54
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #28
it'll be fine as long as it clipped down tight Smile

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 22nd Mar 2011 at 02:59
bezza90

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
welshpug! wrote:
it'll be fine as long as it clipped down tight Smile

Cool. It actually clips down, the other one would not clip. It had deformed so when the inside bit was tight to the clip part, the bit's that clip over were still a couple of mm from going over the lip, so basically it would never clip down properly.

I am happy enough with it as it is. Glad it is all back together now. The rest I can handle (I think!).

'00 Astor Grey GTi-6
Normally play GT6
Posted 22nd Mar 2011 at 03:07
bezza90

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
Result!

All done and back together before it got dark. I had to wait the longest for the gearbox oil to finish draining from the overflow, it was only a drip, but it went on for ages.

Before I put the driveshaft back in I greased the Intermediate bearing, splined shaft and cleaned out the IB housing and slapped some grease in there as well. I replaced the driveshaft seal on the gearbox as well. When I was putting the driveshaft back in it just slipped into place so easily I couldn't believe it! I had to double check it was all located it was that easy. Then just redid the pinch bolts, put the driveshaft back into the hub and put the balljoint back in and pinched it up with the old bolt, then replaced it with a nice new one.

The only thing I noticed was that when I put the steelie on to do the hub nut it was pretty much flat LOL, so I have left it off the car for now in some crazy weight saving scheme.

Got it all back to gether, triple checked all the nuts, hub pin, cleaned the underneath of the gearbox a bit with machine cleaner and then filled up the gearbox with oil.

When I took it out for a spin, I noticed a slight pull to the left when braking hard, but this went away after a few brakes, so I have put this down to there being a little grease on the disc (which there was when I got it back together).

All that is left to do now is chuck the undertray back on and secure the cover in the wheelarch for the aux drive belt (the cause of all this in the first place), plus double check the wheel bolts and have a last look around under the car when doing the undertray to check for leakage.

All in all a happy man and it has given me more confidence to do things on the car. Thumbs up

'00 Astor Grey GTi-6
Normally play GT6
Posted 23rd Mar 2011 at 00:46
stu

Seasoned Pro

Post #31
Good work.

It's such a good feeling when you finish a job yourself, which you weren't very confident about when you began.
Posted 23rd Mar 2011 at 03:18

Pages (2): 1 [2]