displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: reverse select issue. Be3 5 speed
rallyeash

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Hi Guys, finanlly got the 205 on the road and done a few miles in it today, im having trouble selecting reverse while the engines running, turn it off and select reverse then start back up and works fine, just grinds when trying to select. i thought it could be the clutch cable, so i popped down to the local factors and picked one up but it isnt any better. running a paddle clutch, rich_W billet flywheel on a gti6 engine with a BE3 1.9 gearbox.

ive tried adjusting the cable both ways without any sucsess.

anyone had this issue before?

also there seems to be on the odd occasional squeeling noise when the cars in neautral with the pedal up, press pedal down it stops. thrust bearing? Sad be bit annoyed if it was as it was new with the clutch and covered approx 100 miles

230 hp 2.1 16v XU 205 rallye on jenveysHyper Project thread here
309 3dr K20 Type R
Posted 20th Mar 2011 at 03:53
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
By chance have you just fitted this box or was it on before?

Is it just when hot?

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Bianca LBSC Rallye - Track/Road Slag Project Thread
Sparkling Silver Mini Cooper D - Super Dooper Superman - (The other half's wheels)
Posted 19th Apr 2011 at 01:46
rallyeash

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
nah the box was off my old engine so had used it before.
selects perfect now, i done a trackday 2 weeks ago. before one session it wouldnt go in reverse when running, came back in. after it cooled down went to go out again and selected fine and has done ever since.Unsure

Think cars just need to be ragged Ninja

230 hp 2.1 16v XU 205 rallye on jenveysHyper Project thread here
309 3dr K20 Type R
Posted 19th Apr 2011 at 03:15