displaying posts 1 to 1 of 1

Author Subject: 406 Brembos under 307 XSI 16"
FatBastard

Regular

Post #1
Hello,
I have 306 XSI mark 2 with 307 XSI 16" wheels.
My OE ET was 18 and the 307 are 30. I am using 15mm front hubcentric spacers and 12mm spacers rear
This means that the front is 3mm wider than OE each side.
I recently got the brembos for my car and intend to match them with the 288X28 xantia V6 discs.
putting them on with the OE 283 X 22mm It seems that i need 1.5mm more on each wheel since it touches the caliper.
I know that the OE GTI6 discs hub width is 6.2mm and the xantia V6 is 7mm. This means i am short of 0.7mm each side.
In the pic you can see the scratched paint of the caliper when the wheel is touching under the brembo sticker (we did it to mark the touch space, it will be repainted, of course.
The question is whether its safe to trim the caliper and what is the minimum clearance i should have from the caliper to the wheel?
The other option is to get 20mm spacers and trim them to 18 or so, but i dont want to increase width of the front tires too much.

Your opinions?
Cheers!

FatBastard has attached the following image:

Posted 19th Mar 2011 at 18:16