displaying posts 51 to 71 of 71

Pages (3): 1 2 [3]

Author Subject: New guy from across the way, US.
bonylad

Post #51
oecken wrote:
Again nice to see something different! 3 weeks till im in the states, it shall be a strange thing going from knowing most cars on the road to knowing none! but i like what i see.

For some reason your beard reminded me of the "pedo beard" video i saw on youtube the other week, watch it if you've not seen it Laugh my ass off

Either way welcome to the nut house.

Where are you going to over here?

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC

ZZP 3" CAI, ZZP S2 H/E, 2.8, 60's, SRS N1, ZZP 2.5 Catted DP, Trifecta Tuned :cssNET:
Posted 21st Mar 2011 at 17:25
bonylad

Post #52
nc23 wrote:
bonylad wrote:
Now muscle cars, we got that. Smile

....And for that, we salute you!! Thumbs up

Nice S197. Did you guys get the S195 over there...like a 00 GT?

ZZP 3" CAI, ZZP S2 H/E, 2.8, 60's, SRS N1, ZZP 2.5 Catted DP, Trifecta Tuned :cssNET:
Posted 21st Mar 2011 at 17:27
joe5y

Senior User

Post #53
Not the best pic, and not a muscle car but for this car I thank you (Well America). My Mum has owned this for almost 20years Smile

Love

noaki wrote:
im sorry i wasn't aware 306gti6.com was a cult
LOL
** Team: EX-GTI-6 ** Team: EX-Phase 3 ** Team: EX-Black!

EX owner of a 1999 Peugeot 306 GTI-6 in Black
2006 VW Golf GT-Tdi 170 in Black
1996 Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo In Red
2005 Mitsubishi L200 Warrior in black, chipped with bigger wheels.
2007 Vauxhall Vivaro in Navy blue with alloys and lowered
Posted 21st Mar 2011 at 17:36
nc23

Regular

Post #54
Yeah it's lovely. The sound....Love

bonylad wrote:
Did you guys get the S195 over there...like a 00 GT?

I don't think so, no. I've never seen one anyway

’00 Moonstone GTi6
My Flickr Photostream
Posted 21st Mar 2011 at 17:41
oecken

Seasoned Pro

Post #55
bonylad wrote:
oecken wrote:
Again nice to see something different! 3 weeks till im in the states, it shall be a strange thing going from knowing most cars on the road to knowing none! but i like what i see.

For some reason your beard reminded me of the "pedo beard" video i saw on youtube the other week, watch it if you've not seen it Laugh my ass off

Flying in to L.A, heading down to Georgia to see some of the Gf's Family, and probably just tourist stuff, Vegas, Grand can etc (its the first, short (2 weeks) stop on a RTW trip.

Do love my muscle cars Love

Sad Ex-Black 6 Ninja - Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.
Posted 21st Mar 2011 at 17:54
bonylad

Post #56
oecken wrote:
bonylad wrote:
oecken wrote:

Flying in to L.A, heading down to Georgia to see some of the Gf's Family, and probably just tourist stuff, Vegas, Grand can etc (its the first, short (2 weeks) stop on a RTW trip.

So your flying into Cali.....driving across the country to Georgia? Wow....thats a road trip right there. Or do you mean flying into Lousiana and then Georgia? Come on over to the beach here in NC! I live like 10 mins away from the Atlantic! I will buy you a burger!

Posted 21st Mar 2011 at 18:38
oecken

Seasoned Pro

Post #57
bonylad wrote:
oecken wrote:
bonylad wrote:
oecken wrote:

So your flying into Cali.....driving across the country to Georgia? Wow....thats a road trip right there. Or do you mean flying into Lousiana and then Georgia? Come on over to the beach here in NC! I live like 10 mins away from the Atlantic! I will buy you a burger!

Ah sorry, flying into L.A, probably do the Grand canyon etc that week, then flying down to JAX from LAX (or it could flying to Atlanta, gf just booked the flights but kept changing which airport Doh)

Will most likely rent a car for the first week and then not sure what the plan is when reaching Georgia, just free accomadation LOL wish i had enough time to do more of the states and Canada but not got the funds this time round to make it worth while.

Sad

Sad Ex-Black 6 Ninja - Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.
Posted 21st Mar 2011 at 18:55
bonylad

Post #58
oecken wrote:
bonylad wrote:
oecken wrote:
bonylad wrote:
oecken wrote:

Ah sorry, flying into L.A, probably do the Grand canyon etc that week, then flying down to JAX from LAX (or it could flying to Atlanta, gf just booked the flights but kept changing which airport Doh)

Will most likely rent a car for the first week and then not sure what the plan is when reaching Georgia, just free accomadation LOL wish i had enough time to do more of the states and Canada but not got the funds this time round to make it worth while.

Sad

Paula Deens rest. is down there

http://www.ladyandsons.com/

Umm....

ATL Aquarium.......HUGE!

http://www.georgiaaquarium.org/

Try this.....

http://www.exploregeorgia.org/Search/Attractions

Either way if you need something....call me or text me 252-342-3562 my name is chris. I will set ya straight if you have questions bout the states.

Posted 21st Mar 2011 at 19:14
oecken

Seasoned Pro

Post #59
bonylad wrote:
oecken wrote:
bonylad wrote:
oecken wrote:
bonylad wrote:
oecken wrote:

Sad

Paula Deens rest. is down there

http://www.ladyandsons.com/

Umm....

ATL Aquarium.......HUGE!

http://www.georgiaaquarium.org/

Try this.....

http://www.exploregeorgia.org/Search/Attractions

Either way if you need something....call me or text me 252-342-3562 my name is chris. I will set ya straight if you have questions bout the states.

Legend, cheers Chris Thumbs up

Posted 21st Mar 2011 at 19:21
bonylad

Post #60
oecken wrote:
Legend, cheers Chris Thumbs up

Legend? I believe your saying thanks, and appreciate it? School me sir, I am not up to date as well as I would like on british/irish/scot slang. All I know is what I learned from James May, from "Oh cock.", to calling Jeremy a pikey (??).

Serious though, I dont know what I can offer, but you have a friend on the east coast if you ever land here Smile

Posted 21st Mar 2011 at 22:51
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #61
PIKEY!!

Thanks for the ebay link Chris - I did contact him but don't quite have the funds at the moment. Thumbs up

Nothing to see here
Posted 21st Mar 2011 at 23:11
bonylad

Post #62
Thank you sir. I will keep an eye out for one. Might I ask what your budget is?

I have used this one in polite conversation....

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=assclown

I love it, slam a tard with an assclown....lol...huh....wha?

Posted 21st Mar 2011 at 23:23
magicaardvark

Senior User

Post #63
You definatly seem like a sound guy with a good sense of humour.

Definatly some nice motors across there, can't wait to move over (visa is pending, other half is American)

Current Car: 96 BMW 318is and 84 Mini Sprite 998cc

Borders Car Club - Bringing Car Enthusiasts Together
Posted 21st Mar 2011 at 23:37
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #64
bonylad wrote:
Might I ask what your budget is?

Zero at the moment. Need a new side window and suspension arm first. LOL

Nothing to see here
Posted 21st Mar 2011 at 23:41
bonylad

Post #65
adam b wrote:
bonylad wrote:
Might I ask what your budget is?

Zero at the moment. Need a new side window and suspension arm first. LOL

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=v70+control+arm&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Posted 22nd Mar 2011 at 00:30
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #66
Got one sat in a breakers yard just down the road Wink

Nothing to see here
Posted 22nd Mar 2011 at 01:49
pugsy77

Senior User

Post #67
Hello bonylad Wave

adam b wrote:
Got one sat in a breakers yard just down the road Wink

Adam, have you tried Parts Gateway ?

306 RALLYE
Posted 22nd Mar 2011 at 02:26
bonylad

Post #68
So......not much to update. I have some different wheels on the SS now. 5 spoke steelies, gonna finish em up with red I think....kinda like the old chevrolet rally wheels. Thinking about some lower profile tires or something. Bumper should be fixed soon. Gonna reroute the heat exchanger lines and upgrade the hoses. Pics by today. I have since shave my head and beard....so no pedobear...lol.

I really wish I could come to the UK and meet some of you guys, cool people all around. Turns out my ancestry is Scottish! The Dixons came from Scottland around the time of the MayFlower to escape religious persecution (sp?)!?

Posted 18th Apr 2011 at 20:15
bonylad

Post #69
Is the GTi6 shift knob a thread on type? Is it metal threads or what? Reason I ask is maybe I can source a stock one from your side of the pond and put it on my car over here....lol. A lil Pug on the SS. Smile

That would be odd though...yours is 6 speed and left hand shift...mine is 5 speed and right hand shift.

Posted 18th Apr 2011 at 20:30
cosmic spanner

Moral objector

Post #70
Gears will still be in the same place, though Wink (i.e. from left-to-right low gears to high gears)

GTI6 shift knob is a pull-off Erm? Which is why the number one warning when trying to remove it in a GTI6 is not to sit directly above it Black eye

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch..
..Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Project é - my 306 project thread.
Posted 19th Apr 2011 at 13:51
bonylad

Post #71
Need to get some new pics. I have some 16" Borbet CB's now with 205/55/16 tires. Weighed the car after removing alot of stuff (radio/speakers/amp/xm/seatbelts in rear....etc.), over 200 lbs lighter than stock!

Posted 30th Mar 2012 at 15:58

Pages (3): 1 2 [3]