displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: Hesitation problem
pebbles167

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Car has started to hesitate pretty badly. Doesnt matter if its hard acelleration or soft or even cruising. Been given a shortlist of about 100,000,000 different things is could be by various people some of which i have tried to no avail. Anyone had this problem? any ideas would be great Smile

See video of poor performance on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fBFl6DxMSk

Video isnt great, watch from 01:48 and you might be able to make out the problem easier. Sad

2005 Peugeot 206 GTI 180

2008 BMW K1200R
Posted 18th Mar 2011 at 20:24
oecken

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
I think the problem as you said above is it could be many different things, i have a similar problem with resitation, and then revs being "held" without my foot on the loud pedal, and once warmed up would rev on its on.

First was told to take off, clean etc or replace ICV, then told maybe something simple like throttle cable jamming. (Depends on which phase) and lastly someone pointed out possible air leak, which it was from one of the rubber pipes going to the inlet which had split, replaced and it ran like new, but cost over £220 to find out and go through the list.

Also forgot to mention another "possible" was the power steering pump plug, blue one under the inlet manifold iirc, disconnect it, start the car and see. (cheapest option to replace the plug/sensor at under a tenner)

Sad Ex-Black 6 Ninja - Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.
Posted 18th Mar 2011 at 20:47
greenbelt

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Does it do it with a full tank of petrol? Whistle

Standard Black 6
Black HBSC6 Smoke
Posted 18th Mar 2011 at 23:30
ryangti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
As above it could be quite a few things.

One thing i'll add to the list is the fuel system, it sounds similar in the video to mine when I used to suffer fuel starvation albeit not quite as bad.
It was only noticable at first if I was very low on petrol then It gradually got to the point of any less than quarter of a tank would do it so I changed the pump and it cured it.

Ryan
Posted 18th Mar 2011 at 23:38
pebbles167

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
I tried quite a few of these things, Petrol, steering plug etc and nothing seems to have made any difference. At one point I thought i had it sorted when i cleaned the map sensor it ran fine for the rest of the night and most of this morning. Although the problem has started again it would appear that the map sensor made a hell of a difference so perhaps i need a new one? Either way im doing a bit of an overhaul of the engine bay so with any luck something will work.

Cheers for the input guys, much appriciated Big grin

2005 Peugeot 206 GTI 180

2008 BMW K1200R
Posted 19th Mar 2011 at 23:06