displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Cam pulley differences
allanallen

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Evening all. the cam pulleys on my car appear to have a bit of a wobble, they're the early 3 bolt ones so I want to change them sharpish as I believe it's not unheard of for this style to break.
I've got a pair of single bolt pulleys off a j4r, the actual pulley has slightly different spokes than the RS ones I've seen but I'd imagine they're the same??
The noticeable difference is in the hubs, ones stamped A the other is B and the lug that keys into the cam is positioned slightly different in each. Does anyone know which way round they go in the j4r?

Cheers, allan

www.bridgecraftmotorsport.co.uk

Facebook
Posted 15th Mar 2011 at 01:59
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
both the RS hubs are the same, on the J4R one is different, the pulley itself is the same.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 15th Mar 2011 at 02:53
toddy

Post #3
Al

Do the J4R pulleys have the cam sensor pickup on the inlet pulley? as I thought the J4R engines did not use a cam sensor.

Cheers
Posted 15th Mar 2011 at 17:20
allanallen

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Alright Dave, yeah they've got the pickups for the sensor.
I've fitted them tonight and from a bit of research I can conclude that, the exhaust cam hub on the j4r is a B which the rs uses on both inlet and outlet. The inlet hub on the j4r is an A which is very slightly retarded compared to the B.

Exciting stuff Big grin

www.bridgecraftmotorsport.co.uk

Facebook
Posted 16th Mar 2011 at 02:18