displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: VDO Oil pressure gauge
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
I have a VDO oil pressure sender and a VDO oil pressure gauge, both are 0-10 bar items.

I have searched on here and google and failed to find out whether theres any particular wire thickness that i should use for the signal wire, i was thinking that 0.5mm would be sufficient, but wasnt sure whether this would affect the signal. Dunno

The gauge itself has three posts, one +, one -, and one S.

The gauge didnt come with any instructions so if anyone in the know could confirm that - should just be earth, + should be to a switched live and S should be to the G on the pressure sender?

Also, theres a couple of spade connectors on a black thing on the back of the gauge, i think this must be for the backlight, but would like confirmation before i wire it all up and possibly damage something Laugh

Thanks in advance for any help Smile

Goldie the track car.
Posted 9th Mar 2011 at 03:46
james_gti6

Senior User

Post #2
the two on the left are illumination, doesn't matter which way they go around, yeh 12v ignition feed, a earth and a single wire to the sender, im guessing it earth through the block. normal 14/0.9 strand cable will be fine for the the signal wire.

if i dont see you in the mattress il see you in the spring
Posted 9th Mar 2011 at 04:06
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Thanks Thumbs up

Goldie the track car.
Posted 9th Mar 2011 at 11:44
anth

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
I used 5amp from memory