displaying posts 1 to 12 of 12

Author Subject: help needed urgently
ajmckeane

Regular

Post #1
Have a phase 3 gti 6 which i locked with the fob last night and deadlocked. Came out this morning and she wpnt unlock with either main or spare fob. No flashing red light on the dash so worried it might be a battery problem but this is only 6 months old.

Is there any way i can get into the car without smashing the rear quarter? Please help a man in need before he goes loopy!

China's ALIVE !!!
Posted 4th Mar 2011 at 15:52
sharvey44

Senior User

Post #2
use the key in the lock?

Ph2.5 Nile - Slowly trying to de-East London it and restore to former glory...
Built on the 9 Febuary 1999 - Tuesday's car..is full of pace? Wink

Currently looking slightly molested due to some c*nt trying to get into it.. Sad

According to the forum Social Worker, because I work in IT, I am socially retarted..
Posted 4th Mar 2011 at 15:57
ajmckeane

Regular

Post #3
Wish was so easy. Deadlocks wont disengage even when i turn the key twice. In either driver or passenger side

China's ALIVE !!!
Posted 4th Mar 2011 at 15:59
lotek

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Battery dead possibly? meaning possible fooked siren going off all night.

get another battery and jump leads get under car and affix to postive terminal of alternator and earth on chassis or engine somewhere, then use keyfob to unlock car Smile
Posted 4th Mar 2011 at 16:26
ajmckeane

Regular

Post #5
Will have to try that. Siren has never gone off but i know it works so unsure what it is very angry

China's ALIVE !!!
Posted 4th Mar 2011 at 16:34
jbradders

Regular

Post #6
Car should unlock with key I had this problem a while ago, took a couple of tries.
Posted 4th Mar 2011 at 16:36
ajmckeane

Regular

Post #7
Tried many many times with the key. The locks unlock but deadlocks stay the same

China's ALIVE !!!
Posted 4th Mar 2011 at 16:39
rikky 🦔

Post #8
how do you mean 'turned it twice'? you mean, turned it as far as you think it'll go, and then did the same again?

or did you do it as far as you think it'll go, then turn it another click [i got caught out on this - you can disengage the deadlock that way - you just have to turn the key harder past what feels like the last point]

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 4th Mar 2011 at 18:04
ajmckeane

Regular

Post #9
Just the normal distance when unlocking. Youre saying that i can turn it further when it stops? Might try that

China's ALIVE !!!
Posted 4th Mar 2011 at 18:54
rikky 🦔

Post #10
yep. it'll turn a little bit more (apply a tiny bit more pressure)

(well, it does on my phase3 gti6, i imagine it's the same on all phases)

edit> just reads yours is p3 so should do it the same Yes

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 4th Mar 2011 at 19:00
dan_s16

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
As Rikky said apply a little more pressure when you unlock it and it should open up.

It may not be the battery, it could just be that the fuse for the alarm/ central locking has blown due to a fooked alarm siren.

When I've got time I forget what I wanted to do, and when I remember what I wanted to do, I have no time!
Posted 5th Mar 2011 at 21:36
james_geldart

Senior User

Post #12
dan_s16 wrote:

It may not be the battery, it could just be that the fuse for the alarm/ central locking has blown due to a fooked alarm siren.

had this on mine last winter (luckily i didnt deadlock it), when you do get in, you may find, even with a fully charged battery, it wont fire up (immobiliser)- if so, its one of the fuses under the steering wheel, cant remember which one

Recommends:
'mechanical_repairs' - Leicester
'miles' for suspension & Grp N/A goods
Baker BM Mounts
Posted 5th Mar 2011 at 21:46